Sort by

Lenni

On 3/12/2020 at 10:54 PM, Lenni said:

Sort by...  seems to be broken

Works correctly for me in Home Server 5.4 2086 (and 2089) when I access a catalog on the server, but I can confirm that Filename, File Size, Creation Datetime (and probably other tags) are not sorted correctly, when I open a local catalog.

However, I just noticed another strange behavior:

When you started the client in the past, it would open the same selection query, which was used, when you closed the client. Now, it opens always with the same query. In my case a certain project is selected. Very likely, it was the selection I used before upgrading to 2086. However, the "Sort By" selection (as requested in Settings.xml) as well as the sort direction stays as it was set when closing the client.

Hi Daminion.

Standalone  6.4.0.2091

The sort error is still present. Neither sorting nor changing the sort direction works.

So, the program is completely unusable.

Pictor

P.S.  @Wilfried   It seems that the problem will not be solved so quickly after all.

Dmainion_6.4.2091_Bug Sort_Dateiname.jpg

Dmainion_6.4.2091_Bug Sort_Dateigroesse.jpg

As sorting is not possible any more now, the application cannot be used normally.

Can you please provide us with a link to a previous version of the Standalone version (when sorting was still working), so people can use Daminion again, and wait for the version where this is repaired?

Hey. I really liked this program. Everything is accessible and understandable. But I have a problem. I want to add new files and choose sort by date. The program incorrectly determines the date of creation (modification) of files and does not correctly create the folder date and file name. The program incorrectly determines the date of creation of video files and some (approximately 5-7%) photo files. How can this be fixed? I can send sample photo and video files with an error.
P.S. Sorry for my english. (this is google translator)

2020-03-29_132450.png

2020-03-29_130357.png

2020-03-29_125012.png

2020-03-29_130539.png

2020-03-29_124807.png

Hey. I really liked this program. Everything is accessible and understandable. But I have a problem. I want to add new files and choose sort by date. The program incorrectly determines the date of creation (modification) of files and does not correctly create the folder date and file name. The program incorrectly determines the date of creation of video files and some (approximately 5-7%) photo files. How can this be fixed? I can send sample photo and video files with an error.
P.S. Sorry for my english. (this is google translator)

Hello Yuri, Daminion retrieves Creation DateTime from files - if you got the files via, say, social media or the files do not have creation datetime embedded, then Daminion will retrieve File Creation Date and Time which is the day and time when the file was added onto your PC. Can you please send us a sample of the file to support/at/daminion.net so that we could check  it

I think we can think of an EXIF tool command to create EXIF Creation Date time and map File modification DateTime ther

Kind regards, 

Daria

20 hours ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hello Yuri, Daminion retrieves Creation DateTime from files - if you got the files via, say, social media or the files do not have creation datetime embedded, then Daminion will retrieve File Creation Date and Time which is the day and time when the file was added onto your PC. Can you please send us a sample of the file to support/at/daminion.net so that we could check  it

I think we can think of an EXIF tool command to create EXIF Creation Date time and map File modification DateTime ther

Kind regards, 

Daria

Letter to Daria Kotilainen. Reply to the forum post. I sent you files with a sort error. If I exclude these files from sorting, the program makes errors when sorting in other files.  I tried on another PC, windows 7 x64 and 10x64. When copying to the daminion directory, a new “creation date” is incorrectly created for the file.  There is a mistake everywhere.I am writing here on the forum because I did not find how to send you a photo in the support section of the sitesitehttps://daminion.net/support.

Письмо для Daria Kotilainen.  Отправил вам  файлы  с ошибкой сортировки .  Если  я исключаю эти файлы из сортировки то программа, делает ошибки при сортировке  в других файлах. Я пробовал на другом ПК, Windows 7 x64 и 10x64. Везде есть ошибка. При копировании   в каталог daminion у файла неправильно создается новая "дата создания".  Пишу здесь на форуме, потому что  не нашел, как  отправить вам  фото в разделе поддержки на сайте https://daminion.net/support.

CAM01169-1.rar CAM00949.rar

2020-03-31_130152(1).png