Sort by

Lenni

On 3/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hello Yuri, Daminion retrieves Creation DateTime from files - if you got the files via, say, social media or the files do not have creation datetime embedded, then Daminion will retrieve File Creation Date and Time which is the day and time when the file was added onto your PC. Can you please send us a sample of the file to support/at/daminion.net so that we could check  it

I think we can think of an EXIF tool command to create EXIF Creation Date time and map File modification DateTime ther 

Kind regards, 

Daria

I think photo files show attributes all correctly. The problem is in the program algorithm. If I exclude erroneous files from adding to the directory, the program incorrectly creates the directory with other files. Other files were previously copied to the correct directory.  I tried on another PC, windows 7 x64 and 10x64.  

P.S. I pinned the files in a previous post.

Я думаю файлы фото показывают атрибуты все правильно.  Проблема  в алгоритме программы.  Если я исключаю из добавления в католог ошибочные файлы то программа  неправильно создает каталог  уже с другими  файлами.  Другие файлы  раньше копировались в правильный каталог.  Я пробовал на другом ПК, Windows 7 x64 и 10x64. Везде есть ошибка.   

P.S. Я закрепил  файлы в предыдущем посте.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:56 AM, Юрий said:

I think photo files show attributes all correctly. The problem is in the program algorithm. If I exclude erroneous files from adding to the directory, the program incorrectly creates the directory with other files. Other files were previously copied to the correct directory.  I tried on another PC, windows 7 x64 and 10x64.  

P.S. I pinned the files in a previous post.

Я думаю файлы фото показывают атрибуты все правильно.  Проблема  в алгоритме программы.  Если я исключаю из добавления в католог ошибочные файлы то программа  неправильно создает каталог  уже с другими  файлами.  Другие файлы  раньше копировались в правильный каталог.  Я пробовал на другом ПК, Windows 7 x64 и 10x64. Везде есть ошибка.   

P.S. Я закрепил  файлы в предыдущем посте.

Hi Yuri, 

Our friend and forum administrator Uwe helped me find a solution to this issue. Daminion, indeed, recognizes a wrong Creation DateTime. You need to map the correct Creation DateTime to EXIF metadata section and then read the tags from file.

Please find below the message sent to me by Uwe and my video showing how to implement Uwe's instructions: 

the following command should work for the JPG file:
-EXIF:DateTimeOriginal<FileModifyDate

fot the MP4 file you have to use this command:
-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<FileModifyDate

You can preserve the original file-system timestamp with the '-P' option, in the command line of the exiftool

For videos, the tags will be mapped to XMP, for jpegs - to EXIF. Then you will need to just read tags from files. 

I recommend you to do this on a small set of files first, preferably on file copies. 

Also, before you apply the changes to the files and read tags from files please make sure your files are synced with their metadata - you can check the number of unsynced files via Saved searches > Unsynced.

Kind regards, 

Daria

Hi Yuri,

if you don't want to have a backup of the changed file you should use the option "-overwrite_original" in the command line.

Here the link to the explanation: https://exiftool.org/exiftool_pod.html

Regards, Uwe

23 hours ago, Uwe said:

Here the link to the explanation: https://exiftool.org/exiftool_pod.html

On 4/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Please find below the message sent to me by Uwe and my video showing how to implement Uwe's instructions: 

Hey. Thanks Daria and Uwe. I thank you for the instruction. This will help me a lot.
I have a suggestion for improving the program.
If the photo files do not have EXIF.
Then when sorting  photos, 
1) the program determines which photo files do not have EXIF and warns the user about it. 
2) The program offers to sort only these files by date modified or created.
Similarly, the video.
This is my suggestion for improving the program.
Thanks for the instruction. Sorry to distract your time.
Regards, Yuri.

Привет.  Спасибо  Daria и Uwe. Я благодарен вам за инструкцию. Это мне очень поможет.
У меня есть предложение для улучшения программы.
Если  файлы фотографий  не имеют  EXIF. То при сортировке
фотографий,  1) программа определяет какие файлы фото не имеют EXIF и  предупреждает пользователя об этом.   2) Программа предлагает отсортировать только эти файлы по дате изменения или создания.  Точно также  и видео.
Это мое предложение по улучшению программы.
Спасибо за инструкцию. Извините что отвлек ваше время.
 С уважением Юрий.

Hello,

a short remarkt to point 1 in Yuri's answer: You can't assign Geo metadata in GEOSETTER if there is no EXIF:DateTimeOriginal. You get a information message and you can set "filter" to select/exclude such photos.

Regards, Uwe

Привет   ДарьяЯ могу писать на русском языке? Я смотрел  на сайте,  у вас  в команде много русских.  Мне кажется переводчик google искажает мой текст. Вы поймете меня, если я буду писать на русском? 

Hi

I can recommend deepl.com for translations. Phrases are also translated very well. So the native text of the forum member can be translated into English and then published here in the forum. Every word of the translation can still be adapted.

- Translated from German to English by deepl.com -

Stay healthy

Pictor

Hi. Tell me if it is possible to add automatic creation of tags - "no EXIF information". Or add the ability to sort by the presence or absence of EXIF information. I want to clarify. I'm interested in automatically searching for photos that don't have EXIF information.

Привет. Скажите, возможно ли добавить автоматическое создание   теги - "нет EXIF".  Или добавьте возможность сортировать по наличии или отсутствии информации EXIF. Я  хочу уточнить.  Меня интересует автоматический поиск  фото  которые не имеют информации EXIF.

Sincerely, Yuri.

Hi,

I don't see this option in Daminion itself. If you check the Daminion metadata mapping rules for the CreationDateTime there is at least the FileCreationDate that is used to fill the field in the Daminion database. And this field is shown in the Properties Window indpendent on the missing EXIF metadata in trhe file.

Maybe one can write a small program to compare the field in the Daminion database with the EXIF metadata in the file.

Regards, Uwe

Update: found this: https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=6304.0

Edited by Uwe
add link documentation

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 2:12 PM, kalain said:

you can't sort on this added column !!!

Sorting works again but only on Daminion default columns.

Alain, I cannot confirm this statement. I works for me for another column for one of the standard tags (Import Date), as well as for a custom tags. However, in general there a several tags* (e.g. Keywords, Categories ...), which do not allow sorting - neither in the Details View nor by selecting in the Sort By field.

* I don't know what prevents a tag from being sortable. I assume, "multiple can be assigned" is one of the restrictions.

Yes, you're right.
I tried also with 'Authors' but didn't worked. (I didn't realized it was possible to assign several Authors).

So, looks like it's not possible to sort tags which can have several entries but Daminion can internaly sort keywords.

for example, in this media  I assigned keywords in this order V16, V15, v14, V13, V17 (as shown in Details view)
but in properties panel keywords are sorted alphabeticaly !!

549098801_screencopy10-05-2020-13_18_47.jpg.74300530ae088efacafa7b7a55bccf8e.jpg

Most of the time sorting by keywords is not very usefull but sometimes it is.

So why not sorting them as it's already done in properties panel ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalain said:

So why not sorting them as it's already done in properties panel ?

A good question! Only a developer or architect knowing details of the current implementation in Daminion may be able to explain.

But your example shows a different situation: Here you ask (correctly) why the multiple tags for single item in the Details View cannot be shown sorted, whereas  you first question (at least, as I understood it) asks why multiple items in the Details View cannot be sorted by a multi value tag? A partial response: If the would, the developer needed to decide, wich of the values (V16, V15, or ...) should be used for sorting or should they all be concatenated  like "V13V14 ..."? Anyway, just some thoughts on it - not an explanation.

hello,

Example: there is a hierarchy of keywords like. Which level is used to sort?

Nature->Plant->Flower->Tulip->Yellow; Nature->Plant->Flower->Rose-Yellow; Nature->Plant->Flower->Dalie->Yellow; Nature->Plant->Flower->Begonia->Yellow; original; Garden;

At the moment is seems the sort works in pairs but different. The result is:

Garden:
Pair 01: Nature->Plant->Flower->Rose-Yellow; Nature->Plant->Flower->Tulip->Yellow;
Pair 02: Nature->Plant->Flower->Dalie->Yellow; Nature->Plant->Flower->Begonia->Yellow;
original;

The pair 01 is ascending sorted but the pair 02 is descending sorted. Coincidence?

In the Properties Panel you can see it this way: Garden; Yellow; Yellow; Yellow; Yellow; original

Regards, Uwe