[1163] Random black screen display in full view

kalain

I updated with latest build (1170).

Seems to be fixed while browsing jpeg file in full screen. (Not anymore black screen)

I only have JPEG file, so I don't know if this was the cse for other format files.

now, if I select 10 images (JPEG) in Tray, and then try to display them in full screen, on first browsing, I got 4 to 6 black screen.

Now, on the second browse, I got only 1 black screen.

Hope this can help.

Win 8.1 64bits

• 3 weeks later...

From my side, I investigated and found this (build 1187) :

All tests has been done with same item (10 Jpeg) in local catalog.

1/ Full screen from thumbnail view is ok IF TRAY HASN't BEEN USED. (No more black screen)

2/ If I add some item in tray, full screen from thumbnail view often display black screen (from same thumbnail from 1/)

3/ If I empty tray, same behaviour as 2/

4/ If I close Daminion and open it again, 1/ is ok. (no black screen).

CONCLUSION :

It seems that full view black screen appears again as soon as you use Tray. (Add a thumbnail in it)

Hope this will help and be confirmed by others users. (?)

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Murat,

on a video I think, you will see nothing, during blackout the image surface is black, no other special requirements.

If I have a blackout and then go back one item, and then go forward to the previous item with blackout, it will be indicated correctly. During blackout only the picture is not shown, the header is displayed; when I go to the far right with the mouse, the properties of the missing item are displayed.

When there is a blackout, I can go forward and the next item is shown.

Remote acces not possible.

Pictor

W7, I5, 8 GB RAM

I can confirm that this is still an issue in 1196.

Video of it in action: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtk6p049spmawku/2015-04-02_15-20-20_1_1.mp4?dl=0

These are all JPGs ranging around 100KB to 800KB.

It's hard to see in the video but the images flash briefly before the screen goes blank. I can go back to the previous image and then forward again and on the second attempt the image is displayed properly.

I can also confirm that the black images appear randomly. I run through 60 jpgs full screen three times and the "black images" were always different ones. Also like tscott and Pictor mention, if you go back and forward, the images is then displayed.

-Juha

Can you please help us to catch this issue:

1. Download the 1199 build (Server | Client/Standalone)
  2. Press Win + R
  3. Type in the below string and press the OK button:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\Daminion.exe" -log_enable
  4. Press the Ctrl+F12 key combination within your Daminion (a Windows Explorer will be opened)
  5. Switch back to the Daminion Client/Standalone and try to reproduce this issue
  6. Once a black screen issue appears please switch to the Windows Explorer (Alt+Tab) and send me the 1.0\Logs folder
    to support/at/daminion/dot/net

Thanks in advance!

Can you please help us to catch this issue:

1. Download the 1199 build (Server | Client/Standalone)
  2. Press Win + R
  3. Type in the below string and press the OK button:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\Daminion.exe" -log_enable
  4. Press the Ctrl+F12 key combination within your Daminion (a Windows Explorer will be opened)
  5. Switch back to the Daminion Client/Standalone and try to reproduce this issue
  6. Once a black screen issue appears please switch to the Windows Explorer (Alt+Tab) and send me the 1.0\Logs folder
    to support/at/daminion/dot/net

Thanks in advance!

Just sent you the logs.