1836 - multiple useless entries "Shutter Speed Tag" and "Aperture"

Uwe

Hello,

it seems that each action "Read tags from file" creates additional useless (value = 0)entries of the "Shutter Speed Tag" independent on the metadata of the current file you are working with. These entries are: 1/400, 1/320, 1/200, 1/250, 1/125, 1/30.

The only way to remove them is: "Catalog->optimize". But they are back step by step with the next "read tags from file" actions.

Is there anybody having the same problem?

Regards, Uwe

Daminion_1836_Shutter_Speed.jpg

Update: same problem with the Aperture tags

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

please try following: define an import folder and an upload folder in the catalog settings. Then copy by a file manager files to the import folder. These files are automatically moved to the upload folder. Check if you get multiple entries for Aperture etc.

In my case the multiple useless entries are photos taken by a Samsung smartphon and a Canon G16 camera.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

I got it. Example: There are already e.g. 100 items assigned to the Aperture tag "f/1.7" in the catalog.
1. I've imported files (e.g. 20 JPG photos and 1 GPX file) without GEO metadata to the "upload folder". All 20 items are assigned aditionally to the existing Aperture tag "f/1.7." Now there are 120 assigned items to Apertute tag "f/1.7".
2. Then I called the GeoSetter program to add GEO metadata to the 20 JPG files.
3. By "Rescan folders" of the "upload folder"/"read tags from file"  I update the metadata of these items in the catalog. Now I get the 20 additional/multiple entries for the Aperture tag "f/1.7" and the items are not additional assigned to the already existing Aperture tag anymore. Means there is one Aperture tag "f/1.7" value = 100 AND 20 additional Aperture tags "f/1.7" value = 1.

Daria got the recorded video by Skype.

It would be helpful if any other user can test it in the same way.

Regards, Uwe

Edited by Uwe
Add "/Read tags from file" as action to update metadata

So far, I neither used Shutter Speed nor Aperture in the tags tree. Adding it just for a test, doesn't look as dramatic as Uwe's example, but there are indeed duplicate entries. However, the majority seems to be correct (19,297 versus 1,1,1,1).

Funny, this clarified some thing else: I never liked the fact that you don't see the focal length in the properties, but I just learned, you can select it in the tag tree (but still don't see it in the properties where in should be imho 😞 )

grafik.png.091494e802bdf44abaeb482365e1f8c4.png

Similar for the Aperture

grafik.png.0cfb22b3b8252ddee6b7ff477635bde8.png

3 hours ago, Uwe said:

2. Then I called the GeoSetter program to add GEO metadata to the 20 JPG files.

Ok, this I can clearly reproduce: After adding a category with Geosetter and then Read Tags from File, the shutter speed also appears as separate tag, which it did not before. Normally, in my workflow, I run GeoSetter to assign the Geo tag and some bulk metadata before importing the image into Daminion. This explains, why I see much fewer duplicate tags compared to Uwe's results.
grafik.png.24bcb83b4b51f7972862a53010c29e72.png

On 11/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Uwe said:

The only way to remove them is: "Catalog->optimize"

Optimize merges those tags correctly, but doesn't remove the tags with zero entries.

Correction: The zero entries disappeared after closing and restarting the client.

Edited by WilfriedB
The zero entries disappeared after closing and restarting the client.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...