The latest Daminion TEST builds

Murat

We'll publish some of the nightly builds on this topic, with changes that might worth your attention.

You should to take into account that these nightly builds will not be properly tested and might contain some bugs. Use them on your own risk and with test media/image collections.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daminion 0.9.0.535: Standalone/Client | Server

Known bugs: sometimes an error might occurs when mouse wheel over the catalog tags panel (will be fixed on the next minor build).

What's new, briefly: improved Catalog Tags panel, added "Assign Tags" mode to Catalog Tags, added an ability to customize metadata options, improved import speed, a lot of other improvements and bug-fixes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is a great idea to have a thread for pointing to the current "beta of the beta" like this, but maybe it would be an idea to change the name of this thread, since "nightly builds" could give the reader the impression that current automated builds were available here?

Perhaps "Daminion Test Builds" or similar. Nightly builds are usually more .. well .. nightly :blush:.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Murat!

I have few issues with Rescan Folders.. feature.

I have this folder structure:

Test folder -> Folder 1 -> subfolder 1-1 -> 2 image files
                       -> subfolder 1-2 -> 2 image files
                       -> 2 image files

-> Folder 2 -> subfolder 2-1 -> 2 image files
                       -> subfolder 2-2 -> 2 image files
                       -> 2 image files

-> Folder 3 -> 2 image files

So, if I'll move subfolder 2-2 from "Folder 2" to the "Test folder" and use "rescan folders..." feature, I'll still see subfolder 2-2 in the "Test folder", as it should be, but also I'll see the (empty, with 0 images) subfolder 2-2 in the Folder 2 in the "Folders" tag section.

If I'll move "Folder 3" into the "Folder 1" and use Rescan Folder feature, I'll see Folder 3 in the Folder 1 as it should be, but also I'll still have Folder 3 (empty) in the Test folder.

This works with removing too - if I'll remove folder, I'll still see it in the Folder tag section after rescanning.

Also I had issue with duplicated tagged images (I had 2 equal images in one category after rescanning), but I can't repeat it unfortunately =(

• 2 weeks later...

- Daminion can be localized now. US English and Russian languages are available right now.

Murat, where do I find the language files? I'm in translation business for 23 yrs so I hope I qualify to struggle with a Polish version, if you are interested. Pls contact me privately (mariusz1963 at gmail) if any special tools/procedures are necessary.

-- M.

Minor Daminion update 0.9.5 (565):

- Daminion Standalone(Client)

- Daminion Server

- Fixed bugs with Rescan Folders...

- Now checking a tag will displays files belonged to this tag including its sub-tags (default behavior)

- Daminion can be localized now. US English and Russian languages are available right now.

- The full list of features and bug-fixes will be available soon, on our blog.

Hi Murat,

is there any easy way to leave only the "lowest" tag in the hierarchy? Now that I have tagged my images with the full hierarchy, I'd like to remove the unnecessary intermediate tags. It wouldn't matter if it is a separate on-time batch, that can be left to run over the night.

-Juha

PS. Compared to 535 build the assign tags mode works much better in 546. 535 kept switching to filter mode without any clear reason.

is there any easy way to leave only the "lowest" tag in the hierarchy? Now that I have tagged my images with the full hierarchy, I'd like to remove the unnecessary intermediate tags. It wouldn't matter if it is a separate on-time batch, that can be left to run over the night.

How do you determine which tags should be removed? I am afraid, this operation can't be automated, because it depends from the tag subject. Or probably you might clarify your question with a sample?

Hi Murat,

when I wrote my suggestion I was thinking simple two level hierarchies like

- Nature

- Plants

- Animals

and where all images have also the lowest level (i.e. Plants or Animals) tag assigned. But if there multiple levels and some images don't have the lowest level tag assigned, I agree with you that automating this operation becomes complex and risky.

- It's possible to hide the top bar in the FullScreen mode by press the F key

I think this conflicts with the "Flag / Reject" keyboard short cut, which is also F. Daminion does not respond to the F or X key to flag / reject (version 583). Click and Ctrl + click still works for flag / reject...

I think this conflicts with the "Flag / Reject" keyboard short cut, which is also F. Daminion does not respond to the F or X key to flag / reject (version 583). Click and Ctrl + click still works for flag / reject...

Yes. You are right. I guess we'll use the "F" key to flag images, and locate another hot-key for full screen option, like F4 (seems it was used in Dreamweaver or Flash, I don't remember...).

In Lightroom you can use CTRL-shift-F to switch to full screen mode. In Adobe Bridge you have to press the Space key and ESC to go back. In the full screen mode you can navigate using the arrow keys.

In Photoshop CS6 you use F to go to different full screen mode (with/without menu bar etc). In Acrobat X it is CTRL-L. The VLC Player uses F11. I guess there is no standard

Regards, Uwe

PS, Murat, please move this topic to the Daminion Forum out of the General Forum latest builds. Is it possible?

Yes. You are right. I guess we'll use the "F" key to flag images, and locate another hot-key for full screen option, like F4 (seems it was used in Dreamweaver or Flash, I don't remember...).

Sorry Murat, F3 And F4 is rotate left / right...

F11 is a universal full screen key... but we are using that to switch views...

Maybe when all the technical design and coding issues are solved we can all look at a layout of a 101 keyboard and group related functions into groups of adjacent keys...

Adding them 1 at a time is going to frustrate your development team...

ireful3.gif

Sorry Murat, F3 And F4 is rotate left / right...

Yes. This is my fault. I forgot it and since I was writing an answer from smartphone I didn't check it :)

The following hot keys will be used:

F: Hide/show tool panel in Full screen mode

P: Mark photos with flag (Picked, Flag as Pick)

U: Unflag photos

X: Mark photos with Rejected flag.