1481 - 1819 - Import, Read Tags from File bug CR2-RAW Camera Canon G16

Uwe

Hello,

the import/Read Tags from File of CR2-RAW photos taken by the Canon G16 has some bugs.

Even if there is a proper value of the DateTimeOriginal, the import/Read tags from File assigns the current date and time and writes it in the database.

Also the rename uses the wrong information in the database written by the Import. This happens with the RAW and not with JPG.

The other problem is the still missing information in the Thumbnails.

Daminion_1562_CR2-RAW_Import_G16.jpg

Regards, Uwe

Hello Murat,

how long does it take to get the new DCRAW lib? The Canon G16 is not a new camera - since 3 years on the market. Are there any other not supported cameras?

In the past I converted all RAW to DNG and had no problems. Now I want to continue with the original RAW format because some RAW converters don't accept the converted DNG and I have not yet decided which converter I want to use in the future.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Frank,

thanks, I was also searching and found this information on this webpage. But, as fas as I understand Murat, it's not the problem of the dcraw*.exe (a substitution of these files in Daminion didn't help) but a problem of the dcrawlib.dll and I didn't find a new one (from serious sources). I don't know if one can just substitute the dll without to create a new Daminion build.

Regards, Uwe

• 2 months later...

Hello Daminion,

any news?

At least since june 2016 I'm totally blocked to work with CR2-Raw photos taken by the Canon Powershot G16.

What is the problem? The "dcraw" has the full support of the G16 but it seems the "image library" doesn't.

Each other software I know works without any problem. Where do I get a new "image library" to substitute the "old" one?

I guess it doesn't make sense to use the full support of a RAW format by dcraw and an "old" image library without this supported format.

In this case and not to run in similar problems I would like to have a list of cameras/formats that are full supported.

At the moment (since June 2016) I'm in a "dead end street" regarding this issue.

Regards, Uwe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

there are still the problems with CR2 format of Canon G16 in build 1819. The results are: multiple entries of the same focal lenght (e.g. 6.5 already there from other cameras AND a new 6.5 was created by the CR2 of the G16). Optimize of the catalog doesn't help as it does for other multiple entries of the same tag.

regards, Uwe

• 2 years later...