[1006] feature request - replacing timezone

rene

Hey Murat, Hey Community,

I want to replace timezones.

I forgot to change the timezone of my DSLR therefore I was searching the internet nad found that Exifer can do so, but it shows me all files within this folder. Therefore I want Daminion to do so, in order to search for a camera modell in directly write the info to the database as well as the exif files.

Basically the only needed think, realy is the hour, since the minutes are always the same.

regards

René!

Hello,

I guess this should be possible with the ExifTool. Use the "-timezone" in the command line of the ExifTool.

http://www.sno.phy.q...tool/Shift.html

You can assign the ExifTool/command line it in the "Open with..." action.

Then you should "read tags from file".

Regards, Uwe

Ok, this is a little to high for me right now I will check it later

We can add an option to shift the time.

Hey Murat, that would be awesome.

I solved this problem by using Exiftool as well as exiftoolGUI. That way I didn't need to use the command line.

by doing that I got the idea, thaat since exiftool is free to use and open to gui, maybe it would be great to simply download exiftool and insert it into daminion, like it works with plugins and to use daminion as the gui.

by doing that I got the idea, thaat since exiftool is free to use and open to gui, maybe it would be great to simply download exiftool and insert it into daminion, like it works with plugins and to use daminion as the gui.

Exiftool already is in Daminion.

I guess Rene means that it's not really an integral part of the program. I know that Daminion is using exiftool for the tagging, etc., but there are a lot more features of exiftool which could be built-in operations. I think even that Show All Metadata option could be more built-in, too, not just a window with exiftool output.

But i know there are a lot of other things on the road map, and it says "almost finished" at v3.2 since too much time already, so this built-in thing is not a real request, lol.

Hello,

I agree. As long as there are functional gaps etc. and one can use the ExifTool as standalone or command line tool in Daminion, I don't need an extended GUI support of the ExifTool in Daminion. There is already the standalone GUI. The ExifTool is not the solution for all formats to write metadata (doesn't support audio tags etc). Even if Daminion seems to be focussed on images at the moment, it's more than this and there are a lot of other formats that should to be supported and not assigned to "unknown" media format.

Regards, Uwe