2632 update check

Uwe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 3:13 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

The build is here and FR module is here

Daminion team, what is the proper way to check for updates in general?
Forum branch "The latest Daminion TEST builds" wasn't updated since November 21, embedded update mechanism in Daminion software seems to be broken.
I have noticed new versions only accidently when reading forum here...

And what is the latest version for now? Link above guide me to version 7.5.2682, although checking for updates in Daminion tells me 7.6.2693 is available...
image.png.8fd58c88d7d2e3e18fb534b99f0ed8e0.png

Hello Serge, 

Check For Updates in Daminion shows the latest official version with the official release date. This is done so that people with the lifetime license couls sheck if they can upgrade to the latest official version. 

We do publish minor updates from time to time with 1-2 bug fixes these build are not given the release notes. 

Link above guide me to version 7.5.2682, although checking for updates in Daminion tells me 7.6.2693 is available...

This link was posted on April 6th. The official 7.6 release was available on April 7th. Please download the official release from here

Kind regards, 

Daria

On 4/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Check For Updates in Daminion shows the latest official version with the official release date. This is done so that people with the lifetime license couls sheck if they can upgrade to the latest official version. 

We do publish minor updates from time to time with 1-2 bug fixes these build are not given the release notes. 

Please download the official release from here

Ok, thank you, have updated.

Would you suggest standard way on how to check new versions (releases and minor updates)? Forum branch "The latest Daminion TEST builds" isn't updated. Direct update from Daminion does not look helpful either. Seems like the only way to find new updates for now is to look in varjous branches here, which is not really convenient.