Face Recognition - any Beta for testing available?

rene

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to using the face recognition. But if it can recognize face it mean it can recognize other thing such as object or the technology for Damninion to do that is not there yet?

Follow on to this, I hope we get a "Reverse Image" search similar to that of Google Reverse Image search or TinEye.

• 1 month later...

I too - as a new Daminion User - am looking forward to this feature. I do hope you've had the opportunity to have a look at the User Interface that Microsoft provided for this feature in Windows Photo Gallery. While the actual face recognition accuracy in the Microsoft implementation was only fair, the ease of use, and the speed with which large number of faces across many photos (Batch tagging feature) could be tagged with a person's name was pretty impressive.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Might be related to Windows 10 1809. Some people were claiming having lost personal data and for that reason Microsoft postponed the most part of the roll-out of that major update.

You might want to check an older backup to recover the Picasa database. So far Picasa works fine for me regarding the face recognition, even though I do have 1809 installed (while synchronizing Web albums does not work since February). But since Google no longer supports it, it can break any day, so I agree with you, we need a more stable solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello guys, 

Sorry for moving the Facial Recognition to a later version. Unfortunately, a year ago I could not tell you the definite release date for this option ("Not yet, the guys said it should be available later this year (beta for v 6.5 probably)" )

As you guys know, in 2017 we concentrated on developing a Team server version oriented as an enterprise solution, this is why we prioritize the feature requests by the corporate clients. Facial recognition is the feature we do plan to integrate, however, it was shifted down our roadmap due to other priorities. 

Kind regards, 

Daria