Addons: Web-Gallery

Murat

Please meet a new nice Daminion Web-Gallery add-on for your Daminion Server catalogs. It was written by Joakim Grausne (JMG).

daminion-web-gallery.gif

Requirements:

- Daminion Server (all editions are supported: Home, Pro or Team)

- Daminion Server REST API must be enabled in your server catalog settings (Admin Panel > Catalogs > Edit > API > Enable REST API)

- A modern web-browser

- Make sure that your REST API port is opened in your firewall settings. Take a look at the Daminion Server Rule for your Windows Firewall. Current Daminion version can't automatically adds REST API into the Windows Firewall settings.

How it works

1. Open the below link in your web-browser:

http://conceptpage.net/daminion

2. Enter your Server PC IP address along with it's REST API port.

3. Saved Search selector is located on the top right corner of your Web-Gallery

Can I view my web-gallery on my smartphone/tablet?

Yes. It works on most smartphones and tablets. Everything you need is one html so it's possible to download it and host it yourself simply by right-clicking and selecting "save as".

You can connect to the web-gallery from your mobile/tablet by 2 ways.

1. By connecting to the same wifi network as the server and then visit the gallery html-file (with the correct ip setting) using your mobile browser.
  2. You could connect using the cellular network if you have opened up your daminion server to the internet (using port forwarding in your router). Then you should be able to connect by specifying the correct external IP (or domain+port) in the file.

Known issues:

- The portrait photos when the rotation is specified by the Exif:Orientation tag are displayed incorrectly

- Only the latest modern web-browser version are supported

Any feedback is welcome!

Here areSome screenshots. The first one shows an IE 11 after opening the connect to Daminion Server. I change to another saved search and the result is correct (2nd screenshot). Then I select the first picture and it shows up as expected (3rd screenshot). That's all: I can't select another another picture or even close this one.

post-806-0-27685200-1426167005_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-17479000-1426167011_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-82738300-1426167024_thumb.jpg

Hello Volker,

I also use Firefox 36.0.1. I get sometimes this error and a black screen:

([Group 2]-06-01_06-13-13 images.tif, undefinedxundefined)

There seems to be a problem with the file name. As long as I don't open this photo in the Full Screen View I can go back to the gallery but if it's open in full screen view I have to close the Browser Tab.

Regards, Uwe

• Upvote 1

Hello,

there is another issue.

When I switch between the different "saved searches" I don't have a problem as long as I get thumbnails back.

But if I get the result "no items" and the empty masks for the thumbnails I don't get any thumbnail for the previous used and working searches. Here I have to refresh the Browser tab and to enter the address.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Volker,

I also use Firefox 36.0.1. I get sometimes this error and a black screen:

([Group 2]-06-01_06-13-13 images.tif, undefinedxundefined)

There seems to be a problem with the file name. As long as I don't open this photo in the Full Screen View I can go back to the gallery but if it's open in full screen view I have to close the Browser Tab.

Regards, Uwe

This means that the server didn't supply the width and height of that picture. Without that information the gallery can't show it in the slide show. But I should be able to fix this. I'll look into it later.

Here areSome screenshots. The first one shows an IE 11 after opening the connect to Daminion Server. I change to another saved search and the result is correct (2nd screenshot). Then I select the first picture and it shows up as expected (3rd screenshot). That's all: I can't select another another picture or even close this one.

It's hard to tell why this happens. Could you go into the developer tools in your browser (you usually access it by pressing F12) and check if there is any errors.

There are several errors. I get

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für 'width'. Deklaration ignoriert. daminion

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für 'height'. Deklaration ignoriert. daminion

TypeError: a.initialPosition is undefined daminion:983:4360

The error seems to resemble the error Uwe mentioned. I will try to fix it later.

Ah, I think I found out what happens here.

As you can see on my first screenshot the saved search returns (amongst others) some PSP file. These seem to disturb the Web-Gallery completely. If I extend the saved search in such a way that it only return JPG files, everything works fine.

Volker

The issues mentioned above should have been corrected now in the version of the gallery that are running at http://conceptpage.net/daminion/.

You can also download the latest version if you want to host it yourself or change it in any way: http://conceptpage.net/daminion/WebGallery.zip

If you want to host it yourself and don't want to specify the address at start you can open the file in a text editor and edit line 12:

var daminion = new daminionObject("<your address>", false);

And finally, for you with a bit of knowledge in javascript. You should be able to copy the "daminionObject" and reuse it in your own project.

• 1 month later...

how can I use the folder view or search for keywords, etc

You can't. The web gallery was developed for the api that is available in version 3.7. Since then a couple of new api calls has been added but those aren't supported by the web gallery at this moment. Maybe in the future.