Feature Request: Copy Paste Geo Tags

lintujuh

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I the only one who is interested in copying also the geo tags with Copy Tags command? I think it's little strange that all other tags can be copy pasted except geo tags.

-Juha

I copy/paste tags quite often and did not see this error so far. Bad news, a lot of work to redo.

MURAT, please FIX this issue ASAP!!!

-- M.

Hello Juha,

I like your feature request.

I might even take it to another level.

I would lie to assign the GEO Location to a Place.

Right now, I can enter a Country, Province, City and Place to a Picture even by batch.

Now my idea would be to assign the Geo Location to the Place-Tag like the Synonyms with the Persons Tag. The Geo Location would than be assigned to all images in this Place tag.

GEO Location is a point on a map while Place is an area. So a Place might have a lot of GEO Locations. So it will be possible to fill in Place after assigning a GEO location to an image. But not visa-verse. We think about automating some image classification tasks including automatic geo-tagging (assigning places based on geo coordinates)

Hi,

I absolutely support Juha's request. It is needed.

I'm also happy about Murat's reply, I'm looking forward to see who it works in praxis.

But, I have also one more request for GPS tracks:

I would love to have an option to show the track in the map, when the folder view is selected.

When I'm looking one folder only, I could see the GPS track file (.gpx) which is located in the same folder, in the map, in addition to photo location markers as it is today.

Lenni

• 2 weeks later...