Undo function needed

Sedat

Let's assume I select a certain amount of thumbs one by one with ctrl+click in the thumbs view.

When I now unintentionally click onto the ratings area on one thumb and select, let' s say 4 stars,the whole selection will be rated then immediately with 4 stars and I have no way to undo this.

I tried the same in lr and this does not happen there because only the last clicked thumb get the new rating and not the whole selection like in Daminion.

I'm afraid this is a bit dangerous, isn't it?

I think an undo function could be very important anyway. I would have used it many, many times in Daminion already. Shit happens.

But I just tried this particular case in LR4: I selected a lot of images, pressed "2", and all of the images got a 2-star rating, so it has the same functionality (and I think this is the right functionality, we need a way to "bulk rating", or not?). But there is an undo for it.

But this is not the way I described.

It's the same. I selected 5 images in LR, clicked on the rating on one of them, and all 5 images' rating changed.

And this is the same functionality in example in ComicRack, and in many programs. But there is an undo, too.

edit: Oh, okay, sorry, I'm stupid. I didn't see that ctrl-key thing. :D Okay, you're right, it works only on that item. But only if it's not selected yet. So if you wanna just deselect an item, and misclick, it will rate all selected imagees.

edit2: Uhm, but I tried it now in Daminion, and with the Ctrl-key it only rates that unselected image, too, it's the same as in LR.

... with the Ctrl-key it only rates that unselected image, too, it's the same as in LR.

Now I'm confused a little bit. I re-checked that and you are right. It only happens when I click onto an already selected thumb.

I could swear, that this wasn't so before. I checked that twice before posting it... fool.gif

Anyway, so this can only happen if you want to unselect a thumb from a selection.

Sorry for the confusion, may I need new eye glasses...

Thanks for this discussion: we think about this option from the beginning, but other core features moved this task to the middle of the feature list. I've added your votes anyway to this option.

I guess we might incorporate the "Undo" option just for the one, latest tag assignment operation (deletion or changing) in the future Daminion versions.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, today it happened to me, too. Unfortunatelly I somehow deleted a bigger structure of my tags.

Fortunatelly I saved the tags last week (it's a slow process so I don't do it too often), so most of them were there in the files. I used the read tags from file option, it took almost 4 hours to import the tags from the 2300 files.

Okay, it's not happening too often with me, but I can't wait the undo function. Because what if this happens with a tag structure in a 100000 items catalog?

Well, today it happened to me, too. Unfortunatelly I somehow deleted a bigger structure of my tags.

Fortunatelly I saved the tags last week (it's a slow process so I don't do it too often), so most of them were there in the files. I used the read tags from file option, it took almost 4 hours to import the tags from the 2300 files.

Okay, it's not happening too often with me, but I can't wait the undo function. Because what if this happens with a tag structure in a 100000 items catalog?

Add: and what do you want to do with tags not saved in the file? Yes, an undo function will help here.

+1

regards, Uwe

Don't forget about backup procedure, until we'll implement the Undo feature.

Well, the Backup menu takes me to this webpage:

https://help.daminion.net/tips/why-its-better-not-to-use-the-built-in-backup-feature-on-dam-systems/

Of course I can copy the catalog files every day to another folder, but I'm sure I'll forget it in 3 days. :D I don't want to use 3rd party tools to create Daminion's backup, that's sure.