New Face Recognition Feedback

lintujuh

Thank you for the new feature. It looks very promising, I just played with it quickly yesterday evening. it recognized my son as the same person from a picture where he was around ten years and in another where he is around 20.

When the face recognition suggests a group of faces of being a person NN, how can I "reject" some of the images, and acknowledge the rest? The only way I have found is to assign another person to those, but it would be faster/easier to untick those few images and acknowledge the rest.

In the options of the thumbnail, there is a possibility to tag the face to a person or tag it as unknown. I have one picture, where the algorithm recognized an ornament on the wall as a face, how can I tell that is not a face?

For images where the face has been small and/or unsharp, it would be nice to see the full image and the assigned tags to check if the faces is for suggested person.

I have tried to tag all my pictures with names (where relevant), so it would be nice, if the face recognition would use the already assigned tags as basis for suggestions. I understand that in the beginning it cannot name a person from a picture where there are multiple person tags and multiple faces, but I have many images with only one face and one person tag. Using those as a starting point, would speed up the process.

I have some 15,000 images that I have tagged with people, do I have to acknowledge them all through also in the Face Recognition module?

Hello,

I played with the new function too and have all of the same comments noticed and sent to Daria. Sometimes I got exceptions when I used the action "This is not..." and a "out of memory" exception.

It would be helpful if the names of the people will be sorted in the "Specify people" window. I get pictures of maps and ornaments too to assign to people and would like to "sort out" from face recognition.

In many photos of my catalog are persons which I will never specify but I assigned the people tag "others" just to know that there are people in the photo or more then the names of known and tagged peoples by name. I would like to "sort out" these people too.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

if there is a people hierarchy like

Others
    Paul Young
    Mike Old

one can't assign faces to the main tag "Others". If there are no subtags of "Others" one can assign faces.

For example, I assign the "Other" tag in the Properties panel to people in the photo that I don't know but are in the photo to know that it is a photo with people in it. If I know the person, I assign the "Other" subtag e.g. Mike Old to them.

regards, Uwe

Thanks for the feature, works nice so far.

On my wish-list:

When assigning the recognized faces, it would be very helpful to have the option to open the photo (maybe add this option to the right mouse button menu). Sometimes it is not possible to assign the face only on the basis of the thumbnail shown.

• Like 2

When the process of face recognition of the already existing photos is completed, I suggest that you can then select photos to which face recognition will be applied: e.g. photos that have been newly imported. As a result, the people tag in the metadata should then be filled with the confirmed names, according to my chosen syntax.

Regards, Uwe

On 10/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, Uwe said:

When the process of face recognition of the already existing photos is completed, I suggest that you can then select photos to which face recognition will be applied: e.g. photos that have been newly imported. As a result, the people tag in the metadata should then be filled with the confirmed names, according to my chosen syntax.

Regards, Uwe

I agree, good idea