No drop down list for State, City and Location

afatac

Hi Yvan, 

Switching to Home server is an option. We encourage our clients to do so but it is not obligatory. Because the main development efforts are going to the server version, many new features will be available only there and the bug are fixed much quicker in the server version as well. The transition will be free of charge, we will help with the installation of Daminion Home server of you decide to accept the offer. 

Kind regards, 

Daria

4 hours ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

The transition will be free of charge, we will help with the installation of Daminion Home server of you decide to accept the offer. 

And yes that`s true cos it was done for me but I didn`t like using it . So changed back to standalone and Upgraded.

11 hours ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi Yvan, 

Switching to Home server is an option. We encourage our clients to do so but it is not obligatory. Because the main development efforts are going to the server version, many new features will be available only there and the bug are fixed much quicker in the server version as well. The transition will be free of charge, we will help with the installation of Daminion Home server of you decide to accept the offer. 

Kind regards, 

Daria

Interesting.

In my case, I have only to install the serveur and client on the same computer (W10) And that's fine.

Correct ?

If Yes I will make a test.

Regards

9 hours ago, Yvan said:

In my case, I have only to install the serveur and client on the same computer (W10) And that's fine.

Hello,

I work with Daminion Server since about 10 years. Server and client on the same PC (first W7, now W10). The reason to do it was: I have one central database for all clients on the different PC, Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone in the family compared to different databases on each PC or Laptop and no chance to connect via Tablet or Smartphone to the catalog by the web client.

Regards, Uwe

10 hours ago, Yvan said:

Correct Yvan. I moved from stand alone to home server about 3 years ago. The only difficulty was that I already had more than 100,000 images and it took me more than a week to import those into the server catalog, but having done so, I experienced a much better performance on this single laptop. If you you own more than one PC, it makes sense to purchase the license for two users though. I do rarely use it, but it is helpful some times.

Cheers
Wilfried

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi Yvan, 

Kind regards, 

Daria

Hi Daria,

I've moved do Client/server solution and everything works fine.

Server and client are on my personal computer and pictures are on my NAS

Now what to do with licence ? 😉

Regards

Yvan