Selecting GeoTagged files from Map

fhahn

From the map in Daminion, is there a way to select several mapped points via a rectangular mouse selection? I would like to highlight and then display the pictures after making a rectangular selection with the mouse.

I don't see a way to make a change to a selection mode. When I try and drag the mouse on the map, it just moves the mouse.

Thanks.

Frank

From the map in Daminion, is there a way to select several mapped points via a rectangular mouse selection? I would like to highlight and then display the pictures after making a rectangular selection with the mouse.

I don't see a way to make a change to a selection mode. When I try and drag the mouse on the map, it just moves the mouse.

Thanks.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, there is no way to display images on the map within rectangular. However, you can zoom your map to some map pins and click the option "Show all items in this view"

Would it work for you?

2017-05-16_132129.jpg

1111.jpg

Daria

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, there is no way to display images on the map within rectangular. However, you can zoom your map to some map pins and click the option "Show all items in this view"

Would it work for you?

post-3050-0-53927600-1494930116_thumb.jpg

post-3050-0-49129800-1494930203_thumb.jpg

Daria

I was hoping not work on each pinned area one at a time. I was hoping that if I selected multiple pins in an area, I could then work on all of the photos that had been selected.

Frank Hahn

I was hoping not work on each pinned area one at a time. I was hoping that if I selected multiple pins in an area, I could then work on all of the photos that had been selected.

Frank Hahn

Something I ran across last night that needs further testing is that if there are several pinned tags in the area, as you scroll out, the pinned areas will combine. It looks to me like you can then open this combined pin and make a change to location, etc.

For example, if there are three geotag pins in close proximity and one has three photos, the second has four photos, and the third has five photos, if you scroll out far enough, these three pins will combine and show you there are 12 pictures in that pinned area.

Like I said, I ran across this last night and I need to test further.

Frank Hahn

Something I ran across last night that needs further testing is that if there are several pinned tags in the area, as you scroll out, the pinned areas will combine. It looks to me like you can then open this combined pin and make a change to location, etc.

For example, if there are three geotag pins in close proximity and one has three photos, the second has four photos, and the third has five photos, if you scroll out far enough, these three pins will combine and show you there are 12 pictures in that pinned area.

Like I said, I ran across this last night and I need to test further.

Frank Hahn

This facility is also useful if you want to merge points. For example I took photos from a hotel terrace. Ina an area no more than100 square metres I got 20 different points. To merge them I zoomed out till they were grouped, right clicked and selected 'display all photos at this location'. Then I selected all the photos and dragged them to the desired point.

It works but it is clunky. It would be better if, having grouped the items, there was a right-click option '"Merge all grouped items"

Edit: However, there is not enough granularity in the zoom steps

I am trying to merge photos into two groups taken ta the west and east ends of a harbour. There are many points at the east and only one at the west. When I zoom out to group the ones in the east, they don't all merge. I carry on zooming out, but the point at which they do group also groups them with the ones at the west. I zoom back in one step and they separate.

So I have to zoom right in and handle them as individual pointers, which is time consuming

Frank's suggestion that we should somehow be able to slect multiple points for an action would help here so +1 from me.

Edit: And although you can right click a pointer and choose 'Select a Place tag to all images at this location' (which is bad English) you can't right click and add keywords, which is a shame.

As for the bad English, make it "Assign a Place tag to all images at this location" or 'Select a Place tag for all images at this location.'

Paul

Edited by Paul Barrett