Folder Versus Keyword Creation

Paul Barrett

Create a folder in the tree and it is immediately placed in its correct alphabetic location in the tree

Create a new keyword and it is placed at the end of its node, out of alphabetic sequence.

Why do they differ? I keep thinking the creation of a keyword has failed, when in fact it's hidden out of sight at the bottom of the list.

- Paul

nea.gif

Hello,

the problem is the missing automatic refresh of the Panel. If you select the "Refresh" in the Panel settings it will be moved to its place. You don't have to restart the client.

Regards, Uwe

Yes, refreshing the panel sorts out the problem, but that's my point. The Folders are part of the same panel but they get refreshed automatically, so why can't the rest?

- Paul

Hi Paul, Uwe, and Juha,

the thing is, when creating keywords, there is an option to create multiple values separeted with a comma, unlike the sub-folders. If you add multiple values, it's much easier to scroll down the list of the keywords, see all the newly added keywords and check if there are any typos there, rather than meticulously check the whole list one by one. Typos are actually my big problem and this missing auto-refresh feature saved me a lot of time :)

Regards,

Daria

Hi Paul, Uwe, and Juha,

the thing is, when creating keywords, there is an option to create multiple values separeted with a comma, unlike the sub-folders. If you add multiple values, it's much easier to scroll down the list of the keywords, see all the newly added keywords and check if there are any typos there, rather than meticulously check the whole list one by one. Typos are actually my big problem and this missing auto-refresh feature saved me a lot of time :)

Regards,

Daria

Ewe make tie pin miss takes? Shirley knot? bye.gif

I thought there must be a logical reason. I suppose that's it. I wish there was a user preference to control the behaviour though because I never use the multiple tags separate by commas option.

• Upvote 1