Compare Items Shortcut

Germie

RightClick - C is a new one to me.

Whenever you see an underlined character (Compare Items...) in a menu or context menu, you can use it as a short cut. However, I forgot to mention

• If the same character appears multiple times in the same menu (Check Out & Edit with ...), you also need to press the Enter key after pressing the character key
  • If you want to to perform the second menu item with C you rightclick C C Enter.

But there are also situations in Daminion, where shortcuts do not work correctly. For example, if you right certain tags in the properties panel, you have the choice of "select" or "locate" that tag in the tag tree (which I both consider quite helpful!). For "locate" the context menu suggests Alt+Left as shortcut, but this does not work! The reason is quite simple: Alt+Left is already used for "Go Back" in the View menu, which apparently takes precedence.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, guys, in 1586 ALT+LEFT doesn't work for "Go back", but does work for "Locate in tags tree"

Strange, for me, also in 1586, ALT+LEFT always performs "Go back" (i.e. showing the thumbnail panel of the previous search) and never "Locate in tags tree". What do we do differently? I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with all current updates on a Lenovo ThinkPad T550 using Daminion stand alone client.

Just to clarify: ALT+LEFT means pressing and holding the Alt-key and then pressing the left arrow ...? In the case of "Locate in tags tree", is it sufficient to hoover over the tag or do I need to right click and then press ALT+LEFT? I tried both and it always performs "Go back".