Catalog Import performance and Author tag

kingsfan

Long time Daminion user since the early beta days, but lately I have noticed 2 issues, even in version 4.0.

1. The simple function of importing .CR2 files into a newly created catalog is extremely slow. The counter at the lower left of the application window keep jumping around as well.

2. The author tag is not getting populated from the .CR2 file. It should (as always) map to the "Artist" tag.

Please assist. Thanks.

Quick update on the Author tag - If I force a "Read Tags from File" action on the .CR2 file, the Author tag populates but it is shown in Purple. What does a purple colored tag value mean?

Also note that the Artist value in EXIF metadata does exist - as evidenced by the Artist value showing in the "Show all Metadata..." dump. It is Daminion that is refusing to read it. Please fix annoying regression bug ASAP. Thanks.

Quick update on the Author tag - If I force a "Read Tags from File" action on the .CR2 file, the Author tag populates but it is shown in Purple. What does a purple colored tag value mean?

Hello,

right-click on the Author tag and you get the option to approve this new imported tag to use it in your catalog.

regards, Uwe

right-click on the Author tag and you get the option to approve this new imported tag to use it in your catalog.

Thanks for the response. I am not sure I am being clear. The "Author" metadata value maps to the Artist value. I have attached a screen shot of where the Copyright value is getting read but the corresponding Author value is not.

post-25-0-74810800-1437685130_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is the catalog import performance I have originally posted also a known issue? Would you like me to post a short video of what I am seeing in terms of perf?

Yep. You can send me a video file. Let me also know some info about your environment: PC configuration, LAN parameters, average file sizes.