[1130] bug report - some cr2 images are not rendered correctly

rene

Hey Murat,

take a look at the screenshot.

Some of my cr2 images are not displayed properly. they have black blocks inside Daminion and after exporting. when opening them they are very small.

post-1019-0-46567900-1419682364_thumb.png

when I export original files windows can display them correctly.

please find those files in the dropbox folder.

any idea what that might be?

regards

René

btw. when I export the originals and convert via batch in irfanview everything works great.

Daminion uses the built-in JPEG files to preview RAW images as this is the only way to guarantee that you will see the same picture in your RAW editor and Daminion. Your CR2 files contains tiny JPEG previews (160x120). You can convert your CR2 to DNG format and check an option to render hi or medium res JPEG previews in the DNG converter options to fix this issue.

Or adjust your Camera settings.

Hi Rene,

you can try this:

1. convert your RAW file to JPG

2. adjust the size of the JPG file

2. use ExifToolGUI to embed the JPG file into the RAW file. This is in the menu: Export/Import->Embed preview Image into selected...

Regards, Uwe

Hi Rene,

if you use a bat/cmd file you have to use the command line instructions of the ExifTol to embed the JPG file into the CR2 file.

Using the ExifToolGUI you have to do it manually. But: the JPG file that should to be embedded has to have the same file name like the CR2 file and it has to be > 500px. But this will be shown when you call the action in the menu of the ExifToolGUI.

Regards, Uwe