1030 - TIF files no Thumbnail and no Full Screen View

Uwe

Hello,

the most of all of my TIF files are not shown anymore. Neither the Thumbnail nor the Full Screen View.

It doesn't help to remove the items and to import them by Rescan Folders. The files exist and can be found by the Explorer (right click action).

You'll get a video by Skype.

Regards, Uwe

Please locate this folder on your computer:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\vips

And replace it's content with the files from this dropbox folder (download the as ZIP):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8w30zk7mlf6v3y/AAD47sI1FBEqW2K6iz4uO1dZa/Builds/vips-dev-7.40.11?dl=0

If you work with the Daminion Server you need to locate this folder on your server PC.

I have couple of TIFFs that are not visible in full screen. I have updated vips, but that didn't help. There is something with the TIFFs as most of my TIFFs are visible in full screen. Daminion shows first an unsharp image and then it changes to a broken chain. I have uploaded a sample image in Dropbox.

-Juha

VIPS library failed when triyng to render the image: TIFFReadDirectory: Incorrect count for "BitsPerSample"

In case of the VIPS failure Daminion will tries to render TIFF files with default image processing library. Can I ask you permission to send your TIFF sample file to VIPS developer for analyzing?

I started two discussions on both VIPS and Hugin threads.

There are three values for BitsPerSample in your file, but sets SamplesPerPixel to four.

- Does Hugin allow to save images with Alpha channel? Do you have the "problematic images" which don't created by hugin?

- Did you use another programs (beside Daminion and Hugin) to process with this tiff file?

Hi Murat

I have only two problematic images, both generated with Hugin. I have also other TIFFs generated by Hugin that are shown properly. The differences I have identified in those two are:

– they are generated by Hugin 2011, other with 2012 or 2014 versions

– they are 4×8bits LZW compressed, others 4×16bits uncompressed

If I remember right, I haven't used any other software on these images. I will create a test image that has 4×8bits and is LZW compressed with the latest Hugin version and see how that works.

-Juha

Hi again,

I recreated the same image as 4×8bits LZW compressed and imported it into my catalog. Daminion didn't have any problems in displaying that image in full screen. I have uploaded also the new version (as ..._new.tif) into Dropbox. There has been some changes in Hugin as the new image is bigger even I used the same project file. I think easiest solution is that I recreate those two images.

-Juha

The problem might be related to one of the old program versions: Hugin or Daminion.

There are a lot of TIFF variations (different compressions types, tiling, color bits, etc...) and I can't exclude the fact that the early Daminion versions might incorrectly update the SamplesPerPixel tag when updating the TIFF files. But I can't say it without the exact steps that allows me to reproduce this issue.

In order to fix the issue with those TIFF files just resave them in the Photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Alex,

I've downloaded the file "lindeijer_20141026_112939-Edit.tif" and imported it to my shared catalog: No problems with this file. I see the thumbnail and the full sreen view of this tif file.

My question? Did you replace the VIPS files as recommended by Murat?

And replace it's content with the files from this dropbox folder (download the as ZIP):

https://www.dropbox....ev-7.40.11?dl=0

Regards, Uwe