Strange Folder Structure

lintujuh

I have a strange folder structure in Daminion (#983) (see image). The images that are in the path C:\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\2014\2014_03_11 show in the Properties pane the path as C:\\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\2014... and the images that are in C:\<empty>\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\Pictures\2014\2014_03_11 have C:\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\2014...

If I do a rescan in the C:\<empty> branch 2014_03_11 the images are added to the C:\Users branch 2014_03_11 folder.

If I look the folder structure in FileManager it looks normal (i.e. C:\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\2014\2014_03_11).

-Juha

post-481-0-80461300-1394615346_thumb.png

Hi.

I have been having a problem with the Rescan option for some time now and I'm not sure what the issue is. I updated to the latest build this morning but the issue still remains.

When I run a rescan on the folder it does not seem to remove items from the catalogue that have been deleted by other means.

I have made sure the checkbox is ticked but the issue still remains.

Is this a known issue?

There was a minor issue in the 983-984 builds that led to the problems with the folders tree after invoking "Rescan Folders" and "Create Sub-Folder" commands.

You need to update to the latest 985 or 986 build and fix this issue manually by using the "Relink Folder" command.

There was a minor issue in the 983-984 builds that led to the problems with the folders tree after invoking "Rescan Folders" and "Create Sub-Folder" commands.

You need to update to the latest 985 or 986 build and fix this issue manually by using the "Relink Folder" command.

That's odd because I have relinked the folder then done a rescan but the thumbnail of the deleted picture still appears with a question mark in the top right corner which I guess signifies that the source is missing, which, when clicked confirms that it is.

Obviously I can remove these by hand in the catalogues but I would have expected this to be part of the rescan.

• Upvote 1

That's odd because I have relinked the folder then done a rescan but the thumbnail of the deleted picture still appears with a question mark in the top right corner which I guess signifies that the source is missing, which, when clicked confirms that it is.

To check whether a folder was broken - right click on a folder and go to the Relink command (just to check the folder path, not to run).

With a wrong folder you will see an incorrect path: double slashes or double folder names...

BTW the 988 version contains the latest updates for the "Rescan Folders" and "Create New Sub-folder" commands

To check whether a folder was broken - right click on a folder and go to the Relink command (just to check the folder path, not to run).

With a wrong folder you will see an incorrect path: double slashes or double folder names...

BTW the 988 version contains the latest updates for the "Rescan Folders" and "Create New Sub-folder" commands

Thanks. I had already checked that and even relinked it to another folder to which all the thumbnails understandably had question marks. Then I relinked back to the correct folder but the thumbnail with the missing file still is there. I'm on 988 build too.

It's not a major problem and I can live with it. The files are on a NAS if that has anything to do with it.

It's not a major problem and I can live with it. The files are on a NAS if that has anything to do with it.

You can check whether a folder has a correct path by:

for folders: invoke "Locate in Explorer" or "Relink Folder" commands

for files: invoke "Locate in Explorer" command or press Ctrl + Shift + C and paste the copied file path in the Notepad.

If the path is wrong or contains unacceptable characters then you need to manually fix the issue by Relinking this folder or deleting and then reimporting it.

You can check whether a folder has a correct path by:

for folders: invoke "Locate in Explorer" or "Relink Folder" commands

for files: invoke "Locate in Explorer" command or press Ctrl + Shift + C and paste the copied file path in the Notepad.

If the path is wrong or contains unacceptable characters then you need to manually fix the issue by Relinking this folder or deleting and then reimporting it.

The path is fine, I've checked that. Locate in Explorer doesn't work obviously because the file doesn't exist which is why I can't understand why the re-scan won't remove it.

Clearly it seems to work for other so I'll put it down to an oddity with my system. I'll delete the thumbnail manually for now and see how it goes from here.

Thanks for the responses. Great support.