911 - crash in Fullscreen View

Uwe

Hello,

local catalog, standalone client, Daminion 911

I can't reproduce it. It happened when I was checking the photos in Thumbnail and Fullscreen View and assigned some of them to the Publishing Service - no Internet connection at this time. The chrash happened in the Fullscreen View.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Exception: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImageUnscaled(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)

at PicaJet.Daminion.GUIComponents.PreviewMediaBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\GUIComponents\Controls\PreviewMedia\PreviewMediaBox.cs:line 1631

at PicaJet.Daminion.GUIComponents.PreviewMediaBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\GUIComponents\Controls\PreviewMedia\PreviewMediaBox.cs:line 1727

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Regards, Uwe

Hi,

It happen to me in similar conditions (full screen, no internet connection) while rotating a picture (F3) and then go to next and go back few time for comparing 3 images in full screen.

I saved full crash report with screen copy. Will be send soon to daminion dev team

Edit : Win Xp SP3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm having this same issue :(

Not only with build 911 but with older builds too. The bad thing is it happens frequently, pretty much all of the times I work with pictures, so I'm guessing the problem can be in the picture viewer.

I've tried to find a pattern but the only thing I've found is that if I don't exit the full screen viewer I can browse a lot of pictures (let's say 100 or more) using the arrow keys without an issue. But if, after browsing pictures for a while, I exit the full screen viewer and then double click a picture again, the full screen viewer hangs. When it hangs there is no error shown, I have to end Daminion process through the Windows Task Manager.

I've enabled Daminion client logs but I get no exception, this are the latest entries on the log file after the crash happens, I'm also attaching screens of memory usage and performance counters as a reference. Hope this info helps to find the issue, let me know if any other info could help.

2013-12-11 01:12:03,211 [1] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.GetMediaItemsByBookAndPropertyList [(null)] Start: (1943)
2013-12-11 01:12:03,711 [24] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.GetMediaItemsByBookAndPropertyList [(null)] End: (1940)
2013-12-11 01:12:04,180 [15] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.GetMediaItemsByBookAndPropertyList [(null)] End: (1942)
2013-12-11 01:12:04,180 [15] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.GetMediaItemPreviewCommand [(null)] Start: (1944)
2013-12-11 01:12:04,430 [18] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.GetThumbnailCommand [(null)] Start: (1945)

post-97-0-47366100-1386722157_thumb.png

post-97-0-12036600-1386722166_thumb.png

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...