[2632] - TIFF files not showing up

rene

Can you open a tif file in the explorer and check if there are any *.thumb.jpg files generated in that folder? (note: it is not correct if there are those files, we can schedule a session to troubleshoot)

Are those tifs recently imported or have they been in the catalog for some time and the thumbs have just disappeared? 

Daria

I did some test!

1. some TIFF and some RAW (CR2) files are not showing up with a Thumbnail, even though they have been taken in 2010 and therefore should be on the server! There are not other files at least when accessing the drive via network access

Unbenannt.png

2. when loading it via network access, it works! it loads perfectly

3. when loading via Daminion this comes up

2.png

strange others work

Rene, could you please answer the following questions: 

Can you open a tif file in the explorer and check if there are any *.thumb.jpg files generated in that folder? 

Also, please try to select a file and click CTRL+b to regenerate the thumbnail

Are those tifs recently imported or have they been in the catalog for some time and the thumbs have just disappeared? 

Daria

as said 

Can you open a tif file in the explorer and check if there are any *.thumb.jpg files generated in that folder? 

there is no *.thumb.jpg

Also, please try to select a file and click CTRL+b to regenerate the thumbnail

CRTL+B is working! so did the thumbnail got deleted? However when doublicking there is no photo showing only the thumbnail

they have been created in 2010 so they got imported before

How do you assign and delete tags? In the tags or properties panel? Do you do it in batches? 

The thumbnails are not deleted automatically - please let me know if the thumb folder has ever been relocated? Also please check if you got the option to generate mid-size previews activated in Daminion server admin panel > Administration > preferences > Accelerate Preview

Daria

Rene, please answer my previous questions. I cannot suggest any further solutions with the information provided to this point. 

The issue might be related to the option "Accelerate previews" being turned on. It can also be related to the location of the thumbnails. Please check where the thumbs folder is stored? 

Daria

On 2/18/2022 at 4:23 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

How do you assign and delete tags? In the tags or properties panel? Do you do it in batches? 

it depends! Mostly I do batch, e.g. coming back from a vacation. All are assigned to Event, Project, Place (Country and State), Author, Client! Then I go down, collection will be assigned to the different kind of files, then I go through while browsing and assign city and place semi batch. Then i go through again with final tags like people (formerly now i wait for the function)

The thumbnails are not deleted automatically - please let me know if the thumb folder has ever been relocated? Also please check if you got the option to generate mid-size previews activated in Daminion server admin panel > Administration > preferences > Accelerate Preview

relocated? When merging to the current server last year! Accelerate Preview is enabled (all three checkboxrd) and limited JPEG size is enabled to 100 Megapixels, should we change these settings?

Today I would be free for a remote session

Daria