Face recognition howto

l.miklos

Hi,

I wanted to play a little with the new face recognition modul.

I downloaded and installed the Daminion server version 2555 and the Face recognition modul.

1. Starting the desktop client, there is no "Open catalog" and "New catalog" menu.

2. As I Opened a shared catalog I found the Catalog->Face recognition menu. It opened an empty window, saying: "There are no faces for describing or confirming".. and now? What can I do? 

Is there any user guide?

Thanks

Miklos

face.jpg

Hi Miklos,

did you enable face recognition in the Admin Panel for this catalog? If yes, check if the service Faces.Detector is running. If yes, wait - after some time you will see faces. This was the status in my system.

Regards, Uwe

21 minutes ago, l.miklos said:

And what about the missing "Open catalog" menu? It cannot handle local catalogs anymore?

I have not noticed that. You can open an existing local catalogue but not create a new one. I don't know if this is a bug. Daminion does not want to support stand-alone catalogs in the future, so maybe this is a first step in that direction.

Regards, Uwe

"Daminion does not want to support stand-alone catalogs in the future, so maybe this is a first step in that direction. "

Sad to hear this... sometimes when I want to try some function I make a small local catalog from scratch, instead of playing with the "live" catalog... Of course it can work with a small shared catalog too but this is a little bit complicated.

By the way, the face recognition is still empty (after two hours....) I think it's not normal...

Miklos

• Like 1

Hi,
I also have similar issue,  server build 2555, installed when this build was published.
Face recognition is enabled, Server administration window is saying, that Face recognition service is running, showing green balloon,  module installed,  but nothing is happening.
My Face recognition windows is empty and equal what Miklos is showing above.
Do we need any instructions how to proceed, or should it just work on the fly?
Lenni

what are the specs of your server

On 11/4/2021 at 9:34 PM, Lenni said:

Hi,
I also have similar issue,  server build 2555, installed when this build was published.
Face recognition is enabled, Server administration window is saying, that Face recognition service is running, showing green balloon,  module installed,  but nothing is happening.
My Face recognition windows is empty and equal what Miklos is showing above.
Do we need any instructions how to proceed, or should it just work on the fly?
Lenni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve P,

the local catalog is/was a function of the Daminion client and uses its own SQLiteDB.  That means: if you open a local catalog the client uses its SQLite DB but if you open a shared catalog the client is connected to the PostgreSQL database. Now (7.0) you can't open a new local catalog by the Daminion client (except there is an entry in the "last used catalogs" pull down menu of the client) but you can still open it by double click on the *.dmc file. I can really recommend to switch to the server version of Daminion. I'm not sure but I think that the face recognition is for the server version only.

regards, Uwe

• 7 months later...