Switch from standalone to server

Erwin

Hi there,
I was using Daminion Standalone and my catalog exceeded 35,000 items. The following message appeared:
"Your catalog is greatly increased. Local catalog lose performance and efficiency after significant growth. We RECOMMEND you switch to Daminion Server"
So I installed Daminion Server and imported the local catalog.
Now ALL linking and grouping connections are lost. These were NOT adopted.
Is this only in the 6.8.0.2344 version I am using?
greetings
Erwin

Hello,
as far as I can remember, links and groups have not been in the scope of importing a local into the shared catalogue. Whenever I have worked with local catalogues, I have done the links and groups after the import in the shared catalogue.
Of course, I would also like all the settings to be transferred from the local catalogue.
In order to be prepared for the case that I have to set up a new catalogue and a restore does not work, I had written two small Python programs that export all the links to a CSV file (runs in the daily backup) in order to import them into the new catalogue in case of need.
Greetings, Uwe

Hi there,

@Uwe: you should post that in the Daminion standalone forum area as a warning.

@Daria: bought.
I'll stick with the server version too, as the imported catalog is MUCH faster than the standalone one. And I'm only at ~50% of my photos.

@Daminion:
Catalogs naturally get bigger and bigger. That is the point.
Recommend a change and forget the disadvantages, I don't think that's OK.
I think it would be appropriate to work on it immediately or to point out when

PURCHASING that the standalone version HAS LIMITS and a COMPLETE TRANSFER is NOT POSSIBLE afterwards.

a very angry one
Erwin

Hi,

I used Uwe's python scripts.
With these you can bring the linking connections from the local catalog to the server catalog.
These scripts are for the links only
You then have to do the grouping connectionss again in the server catalog.

Thanks to Uwe for the scripts.

greetings
Erwin

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

You then have to do the grouping connectionss again in the server catalog.

Not only that. As far as I know, the migration process relies on the metadata embedded with image files. There are some other tags, for example Comments, which are not written to the metadata.

Another fact to remember: If you created custom tags in you standalone catalog, you should create them in the server catalog, before importing the media items.