2216 - Folder Security, AC Group

Uwe

Hello,

a file is imported by the Import Folder and automatically moved to the Upload Folder. In the Properties Panel the file is assigned to the AC Group of the Upload Folder BUT the AC Group has not been written to the metadata of the file.

Then I entered e.g. the Places tag and saved the changes. The Places Tag is in the Metadata but not the AC Group. I had to us "Write tags to file" to write the AC Group in the Metadata of the file OR to moved the item to the AC Goup in the Tags Panel by drag and drop - now the AC Group is in the Metadata of the file. You'll get a recorded video.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe, 

My colleagues informed me that we will exclude the option to write the information about the owners to the file's metadata in the nearest future to avoid the situations when the files are imported into another catalog (e.g. on a different server) and unrecognized groups appear under Access Control after reading tags from files. 

Kind regards

Daria

Hi Daria,

then the actions "Write tags to File" and Read tags from File" have to ignore the AC Group. This happens in build 2225:

1. There is no AC Group assigned to the item -> the item is assigned to "Anybody"
2. I assign the AC Group "Test" to the item -> in the Properties Panel the item is assigned to the AC Group "Test" but the AC Group is not in the metadata of the file.
3. I call the action "Read Tags from File" -> the AC Group is removed from the item in the Properties Panel and the items is assigned to "Anybody" - > this is a bug

Regards, Uwe 

• 3 months later...

status of build 2250:
assign an item to an AC-group "Test"
in the sidecar XMP file XMP:owners=Test and the item is assigned to the AC-group "Test" in the Catalog Panel

Read Tags from File
in the sidecar XMP file XMP:owners=Test and the item is assigned to the AC-group "Anybody" in the Catalog Panel

regards, Uwe

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 3:54 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi Uwe, 

My colleagues informed me that we will exclude the option to write the information about the owners to the file's metadata in the nearest future to avoid the situations when the files are imported into another catalog (e.g. on a different server) and unrecognized groups appear under Access Control after reading tags from files. 

Kind regards

Daria

Hello,

now (build 2344) the AC Groups is not part of the metadata (Owner) of the file.

E.g. "photo01" is member of the AC group "Family". A "read tags from file" deletes the AC group "Famliy" and assigns the item to the AC group "Public".
This seems to be a bug. Daminion should not remove existing AC groups - this is a user job.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Katerina,

you are right. The action "Write tags to file" writes the AC Group to the metadata of the file. I did't use this way. As long as you assign the AC Group by drag and drop from "public" to the destination AC Group the AC Group is not part of the metadata of the file.

You'll get a video by Skype.

Regards, Uwe