Because of the tag description (build 1934)

Egon

Not exactly.

I have saved a description for a file. After saving I noticed, that I have a spelling error in the tag description.
I have corrected the value.
And now I think that the wrong entry is still existing, just without a reference to a file. (see keyword tag without a reference.jpg)
And now my question: How can I delete this wrong entry in the tag description.

keyword tag without a reference.jpg

Thank you for the quick response.

I can't see the wrong description in the properties panel, because I corrected the wrong description.
But I think that the wrong entry is still existing in the catalog, just without a reference to a file.
And when I add a new description to a file it's possible, that daminion suggests the wrong value to me.
I hope I have expressed myself clearly.

17 minutes ago, Egon said:

But I think that the wrong entry is still existing in the catalog, just without a reference to a file

Egon, this is exactly the difference between tags which can appear in the Tags tree (Keywords, Categories, ...) and tags such as Description, Title ... which cannot. If you changed all items having such a wrong Description, it is not stored permanently anymore, but still appears in the suggestions for a limited time.

To make sure, you did change all, you can use the Advanced search as in this example:
image.png.e82ecdba345ff56c832827b3b56da7a7.png

It should result in "No items match your search criteria".

However, the fact that Daminion might still suggest the faulty entry when you start typing, cannot be changed, as far as I know. But it will disappear after a short while.

Hello,

there is the file "history.bin" in the folder: c:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\

It seems that there ist the history of your input in the Title and Description tag. Not sure - please check it.

regards, Uwe

• 1 month later...

Hi Uwe and Wilfried, thank you for your help with this thread. The only way to fix the description for multiple files (only when the description is the same for a set of files) is to use the advanced search to find that set of files > Export > export to csv> export the Description tag only > modify the csv > Import the modified csv. 

However, you are right that the wrong description will be stored in the binary file. The radical way of getting rid of it will be deleting the history.bin file

kind regards, 

Daria