Support for Apple image formats

Neil

I'm trying to import photos into Daminion that are in Apple's native HEIC format. Daminion does not recognize these as supported filetypes.

I'm using v5.9 (1785). I don't see any references in the Forum topic on latest Daminion builds that suggests that HEIC compatibility has been added.

What is the plan to add native compatibility for HEIC?

I'm trying to import photos into Daminion that are in Apple's native HEIC format. Daminion does not recognize these as supported filetypes.

I'm using v5.9 (1785). I don't see any references in the Forum topic on latest Daminion builds that suggests that HEIC compatibility has been added.

What is the plan to add native compatibility for HEIC?

Hi Neil,

Apologies for the inconveniences! I've asked our developers if they plan to add support of HEIC format.

For now, you can use this workaroundto make Daminion import your files, but the thumbnail will be generic

Kind regards,

Daria

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

+1 i would vote for this as well.

there is a Windows codec in the Windows store for i think 0,99EUR Maybe you could grab Information from that

@Daria Kotilainenis there any update regarding your developers on implementing the HEIC codec, it really is annoying that i can't Import them into Daminion

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has HEIC thumbnails in Daminion been added yet?  I tried the trial, and added the HEIC extension to allow me to import it, and on the import window it shows the thumbnails since the codec is installed on my server, but once imported into Daminion, they go to the generic icon.  I need this to work before I purchase, because we have 1000s of heic images.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2020 at 11:09 AM, DL1 said:

Has HEIC thumbnails in Daminion been added yet?  I tried the trial, and added the HEIC extension to allow me to import it, and on the import window it shows the thumbnails since the codec is installed on my server, but once imported into Daminion, they go to the generic icon.  I need this to work before I purchase, because we have 1000s of heic images.

Just pinging on this again to see if anyone can answer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...