Importing files, missing milliseconds

clausbagge

Hello,

I've recently bought Daminion Home after having watched the progress made for years, originally tested the 0.x releases also but then real life got in the way :)

We as a family have quite a lot of pictures and I finally got around to trying to organize them, enter Daminion Home Server.

I was importing all images I had on different sources and combining them on my home server (running windows server 2012 r2 essentials).

I use the following import template:

create sub-folders: %yyyy\%mm. %B

rename files: %dd-%model-%HH.%MM.%SS.%ms.%ext

I think it helps to have the files organized outside Daminion also.

I noticed however that the milliseconds %ms always returns 000 even though ExifTool says it for a given file is 46.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for the software thus far.

Claus

Hello Claus,

there is an existing post regarding the missing/not working %ms parameter:

https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2996-import-tag-preset-using-ms-doesnt-work/

I use the following command lines for the ExifTool in the "Open with" action:

-d %%Y%%m%%d_%%H%%M%%S "-filename

-d %%Y%%m%%d_%%H%%M%%S "-filename

to rename photos taken at the same second. Then I have to call the "rescan folders" action to import the "outside" renamed files.

The best solution would be: the variable %ms works in Daminion and if there isn't a ms-entry in the metadata Daminion can set it to "000" as default.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe and Claus,

Claus, I must admit that I've forgotten that this problem has already been discussed on the forum when I asked for a file for testing. Sorry for this!

Uwe, thank you so much for reminding me! I've checked RedMine and saw that the issue is still open. I've just raised its priority and sent the notification to Alex.

Kind regards,

Daria

• 2 months later...

Hi Uwe and Claus,

Claus, I must admit that I've forgotten that this problem has already been discussed on the forum when I asked for a file for testing. Sorry for this!

Uwe, thank you so much for reminding me! I've checked RedMine and saw that the issue is still open. I've just raised its priority and sent the notification to Alex.

Kind regards,

Daria

Hi Daria,

Is this still an open issue? Is this Redmine public so we can check status of builds/bugs?

Claus

Hi Daria,

Is this still an open issue? Is this Redmine public so we can check status of builds/bugs?

Claus

Hi Claus,

I've just checked our issue tracking system and from what I can see the issue hasn't been resolved yet. I will remind the developers to take a look at it asap.

Sorry, Redmine is a private tracking system with the access for company's workers only.

Kind regards,

Daria

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to confirm that this issue hasn't been fixed in the latest version! I've sent the personal reminder to our dev guy and he said that he will probably be able to fix it within 1-1.5 months. Unfortunately, I cannot speed up this process since the guys decide themselves what issues are more prioritized.

Kind regards,

Daria

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, clausbagge said:

is there still a server product for home use? Can I renew my  old license or trial it somehow?

Claus,  please see here: 

and also "Daminion Software in Germany is not selling Home versions anymore. Home server still can be purchased from us, though, and it will be fully supported.  https://daminion.net/buy-daminion-2/":

21 minutes ago, clausbagge said:

upgrade path for my 2017 Daminion Home Server

Claus, what version of Daminion is it? When you say 2017, I assume, you mean the year ...? In any case, in the past there was always an update path and based on Daria's responses quoted above, I believe this is still true.

Hi Claus, 

We offer a free migration from Daminion Standard version to Daminion Home server under the active maintenance period. Please let me know if your Daminion maintenance is active now (free upgrade period)

If no, we can install Daminion server trial on your machine so that you could check if you like it and if so, you can obtain the Home server license at the price of the maintenance (50% of the original price)

Kind regards, 

Daria