Strange image orientation for offline preview

afatac

My original images are stored in an external hard disk drive. I notice that if my external hdd is not attached and I am trying to see the preview of an image in portrait format...

post-1744-0-14922900-1491810073_thumb.png

...this is what I get.

post-1744-0-15064900-1491810154_thumb.png

This only happens to images that are taken using my mobile phone. I believe it has something to do with the orientation flag in the image.

My original images are stored in an external hard disk drive. I notice that if my external hdd is not attached and I am trying to see the preview of an image in portrait format...

I saw this kind of behavior many times. but for a couple of seconds only until the picture was rendered completely and correctly. Unlike yours, my images are stored on an internal HDD, while the Daminion catalog as well as all software reside on an SSD.

Due to the fact that an external (USB attached?) drive is much slower than an internal, I assume the rendering process could be much longer than a couple of seconds. How long did you wait until closing the preview?

Hi Wilfried,

This only happens when the USB external HDD is NOT attached, i.e. there is no rendering. The preview is fine if the external HDD is attached. i.e. there is rendering.

I do not always bring along the external HDD with my laptop. When I show the images in Daminion to someone, the offline previews are used.

I hope this will be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...