Feature request: Automatic linking of images

lintujuh

Hi!

It would be nice if Daminion would automatically create the links between the final images and the source raw files, when importing the images or rescanning the folder. Also if the edit recipes from the raw editors could be linked at same time (e.g. RawTherapee's .pp3 files).

I have a modest number of images (only 16k+), but there are others like Dean and Exterminador who have over 1M files. :help:

-Juha

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Juha,

your idea is great. Maybe we can generalize the idea ?

Daminion should link all Files with the same basename. That would solve all combinations. For me it would be basename.nef <-> basename.nef.dop <-> basename.xmp <-> basename.tif and so on....

Maybe as an Option.

Roland

Hi!

I think it depends on what functionality you are thinking to associate with Versions. When speaking of versions, I start to think document or code versioning and then tracking the changes or reverting back to an earlier version. But I think my history is misleading my thoughts. You have probably other thoughts that make more sense.

-Juha

There are 2 types of version in common DAM systems:

1. Difference revisions of the same file, that occur after editing it. So after each major edit you can create a new file version

2. Different versions for different purpoces. For example, RAW + JPG, or Web-version plus 1000px version and Facebook300px200px banner versions.

And both version types can leave with each other.

I suggest to allow forks in both directions:

- as under type 2, one original can be base for multiple results. But this is not limited to multiple purposes and formats. For example, you could produce several different cropped frames or colors.

- a single result could be based on multiple originals, for example a collage.