Daminion 3.5 Beta. Grouping Images

Murat

You may capture multiple very similar images especially with new SLR cameras. For instance, you might have 10 almost identical photos. You know that only of them will be used for production, but you need to keep the others just in case you change your mind. This is where you need a new feature in the Daminion that alows you to group similar images.

You can quickly group items by a small icon on the RT corner of selected images.

Unlike the Lightroom Daminion can group images even from different folders.

You are welcome to test this build and share your feedback before releasing the official Daminion 3.5 version.

Hi Murat,

I already downloaded and tested the 1126 version.

After the first test I looked at the video and saw there the icons. But the video is too fast for me, to recognize exact, what happens and what to do. So I will watch it with a low speed.

"Grouping Images" is ok. It is even possible, to group two (or maybe more) groups!

Pictor

Hi Murat & Dev Team

The grouping feature is nice in removing "clutter" from my image library. It fulfills the use case, where you want to put images in a heap and select the top most image.

What I would like to see is a linkage between raws and resulting jpegs and the source images of panoramas. Will the Linked Items feature in 4.0 be near my wishes I have described in another track?

-Juha

Hi Murat & Dev Team

The grouping feature is nice in removing "clutter" from my image library. It fulfills the use case, where you want to put images in a heap and select the top most image.

What I would like to see is a linkage between raws and resulting jpegs and the source images of panoramas. Will the Linked Items feature in 4.0 be near my wishes I have described in another track?

-Juha

Hey Juha,

I agree! One of my old request was to completly hide folders. I have a folder with only "Source folders" and I want to hide them from the places etc. but they should still be assigned.

What I would like to see is a linkage between raws and resulting jpegs and the source images of panoramas. Will the Linked Items feature in 4.0 be near my wishes I have described in another track

Yep. Linking items is in our roadmap. But let's release the Daminion 3.5 version before.