Invalid format of license

Mardon

Iinstalled Daminion Server Version 3.3.0.1048 and it seems that I have lost my license. When I try to "Add License"I get a warning saying, "Invalid format of license". The only licenselisted is now a Free license. The commercial license is gone. Please help. I can't live without this program now. Thanks. Mardon

Problem solved! Great support from Daminion! They pointed out my error.

It was a stupid error on my part. I was entering the server license in the Help Menu item of the client software instead of in the License Management menu of the Server Admin panel.

Can't do without Daminion server now! :)

• 6 months later...

Ok.. had the same 'problem'. It might be useful to make this more clear for the casual user. To me it seem logical that I try to add the license in the client program, as that is my 'view' of the system. A redirect or message that you should be somewhere else, e.g. the admin panel, would already help a lot.

And to add: it is confusing to me that in the client it still seems to be limited to a free version. Although that might not be true in reality.

Ok.. had the same 'problem'. It might be useful to make this more clear for the casual user. To me it seem logical that I try to add the license in the client program, as that is my 'view' of the system. A redirect or message that you should be somewhere else, e.g. the admin panel, would already help a lot.

In the Daminion 3.7 version we display a warning message when a user tries to enter the Daminion Server license.

Hello,

I'm not sure but the client works with two types of catalogs: the shared (enter the license in the Server Admin Panel) and local catalog (enter the license in the client).

Sure, if one has a server license that should also work for local catalogs. Am I wrong?

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

I'm not sure but the client works with two types of catalogs: the shared (enter the license in the Server Admin Panel) and local catalog (enter the license in the client).

Sure, if one has a server license that should also work for local catalogs. Am I wrong?

Regards, Uwe

That is an interesting point: I noticed that although I have a server license, my local catalogue is limited to the free version limit. That is not what I would /expect/ to happen, though.

That is an interesting point: I noticed that although I have a server license, my local catalogue is limited to the free version limit. That is not what I would /expect/ to happen, though.

Yes, I also noticed that when I purchased the server license back in December.

Frank Hahn