Failed to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.3-64 (#1055)

lintujuh

I tried to create a fresh 9.3.4 catalog. I downloaded and installed PostgreSQL from its site. Then I stopped Daminion Server, changed the db-enginge to 9.3, tested connection and restarted Daminion Server. Connection test went OK, NetCatalog was created and server status showed "Running".

When I tried to open the new empty catalog I got an error message (see picture). I have also uploaded the logs.

-Juha

post-481-0-42158000-1406524751_thumb.png

log.txt

Juha, it seems that the catalog wasn't created according to that message.

What do you mean by "changed the db-enginge to 9.3"?

Did you uninstall the previous PostgreSQL version prior to installing a new PostgreSQL version?

How did you created a new server catalog?

Hi Murat

I installed the 9.3 aside with 9.2. I selected the DB-engine from the server admin preferences (see picture).

I created the new server catalog by starting the Daminion Server on an empty database.

I tried to recreate the catalog and I noticed a thing I didn't notice earlier. When I restarted Daminion and it was creating NetCatalog, it shortly flashed "red traffic lights" on Daminion server, with an error message stating couldn't connect to server (or something like that). The red light changed immediately to gray "Stopped" status. When I restarted Daminion server the status turned to green. I think this also happened earlier, I just didn't notice the error message, and didn't pay any attention to the fact that the first start failed. I redid the creation of NetCatalog and attached the logs.

-Juha

Logs.zip

post-481-0-47929900-1406700469_thumb.png

Daminion database (shared catalogs) can't be created in the PostgreSQL just by installing a new PostgreSQL service. You need to create a new NetCatalog database by importing a dump from PostgreSQL 9.2 based NetCatalog database.

Or create a new empty catalog on the PostgreSQL 9.3 using this way

You can also give me a remote access to your PC.

Thanks Murat and sorry for my mistake.

I had read your instructions how to create a new empty catalog, but I had missed the point to run the console program Daminion.Server.exe

Now it works. I can now also switch between 9.2 and 9.3 catalogs: close catalog in client, stop Daminion server, changes db engine in preferences, restart the server and connect the other catalog.

-Juha