Keyboard Short Cuts

WilfriedB

I noticed the list of keyboard short cuts in the Wiki is quite short and some of the listed key combinations are not even correct (e.g. "Full Screen View Ctrl+Enter") I created a new list based on the Build 1032 and attach it here.

I hope, it is useful and I didn't make too many mistakes.

Daminion 3.3 Keyboard Short Cuts.pdf

There are also the handful key combinations that might not be obvious at first glance:

Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V.

Example of usage:

- Quick Import. Select files in the Windows Explorer and press the Ctrl + C, then switch to the Daminion and press Ctrl + V.

- Add files from one catalog to another one. Open 2 catalog in two pages. Select files in the first catalog and press the Ctrl + C, then switch to another tab and press the Ctrl + V. This will add files to the second catalog. However an approach when the same file was imported into two catalog is not recommended - due to possible tag collissions.

thanks Wilfried, you beat me to it. I started one a few months ago but never finished, since the feedback wasn't that big.

I didn't mean to interfere, René and was considering to ask if there is work in progress, but then I decided, I can learn the product better, by listing the functions myself.

I created those three lists in an Excel spreadsheet, where the key names and descriptions are to should be written only once. That way the sheet could be useful for translations too.

Note however, I installed only a stand alone version. So anything related to the server or using a shared catalog is missing in my lists.

There are also the handful key combinations that might not be obvious at first glance:

- Add files from one catalog to another one. Open 2 catalog in two pages. Select files in the first catalog and press the Ctrl + C, then switch to another tab and press the Ctrl + V. This will add files to the second catalog. However an approach when the same file was imported into two catalog is not recommended - due to possible tag collissions.

Thanks Murat.

I was wondering, why there is a Move to [other catalog], but no "copy to other catalog". Be aware that for many programs copy and paste is not limited to text, I tried this possibility and it did work fine for me.

Can you explain in more detail why it is not recommended? How could such a tag collision happen?

I am considering, to add some more explanations to the list, but not sure yet what would be the best form for that.

The other thing I noticed:

There several functions, which can only be reached by clicking a button, cannot be selected in the menu and probably do not have a short cut key combination neither. Examples are to customize the Catalog Tags, Properties and Map panels, as well as Start Synchronizing Tags with Metadata and possibly others??

I wonder, if some keys listed in the Wiki are now obsolete and not working any more. For example:

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C = "Copy Bitmap" This command does not appear in any menu. When I tried it after selecting an image, nothing is copied to the clipboard ...?

• Ctrl+Shift+S ="Security"

Hello,

just a short question: is it possible to move this post. I don't expect a discussion here.

Maybe a just link to the current document of shortcuts will be usedful in this forum. The discussion should be in the "Daminion" Forum.

Regards, Uwe