932 - many missing fields/tags in the Properties Panel

Uwe

Hello,

see the screenshot.

Daminion_932_missing_Properties_Panel_Tags.JPG

In this case a lot of fields/tags got lost. They are not in the customizing and not in the Properties Panel.

How does the client program work? Does it send a request to the database to get all of the metadata of the item and depending whether there are metadata the fields/tags will be shown on the screen or not? In this case the client either doesn't wait for all data from the database or the data get lost in the communication with the database in the client.

I made "read tags from file" actions (>150) because I assigned new GEO data to the files and therefore I had to update the catalog. After continuing with "read tags from file" the problem appears again. From my point of view: the reason is the "read tags from file" activity. I got the problem at least 5 times this afternoon when I was using the "read tags from file" action.

After client restart, they are back.

Regards, Uwe

From my point of view: the reason is the "read tags from file" activity. I got the problem at least 5 times this afternoon when I was using the "read tags from file" action.

Did you see any "exception" message in your logs after invoking the "read tags from file" action?

Hello,

the "feature" is back (build 944). Title, Description, Geo-data are missing. There is no exception in the logs.

I'm assigning tags to >200 scanned TIF-images. It's the same status as described in the first post above.

I had to restart the server to get the metadata back on the screen.

Regards, Uwe

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

it's still there in 952 and happens several times. I'm assigning tags and move items to a new folder.

I had to stop the server to get them back in the client.

Regards, Uwe

Please: can you give us a build with some watch points to help to find the reason and the moment when this happens?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm scrolling up and down in the Thumbnail Window to check the Keywords of the items and urgently the content of the Title and Description Tags are missing - the fields are empty on the screen. AND: a lot of other fields disappear: here the example of the System Tag fields.

Daminion_961_Title_Description_03.JPG

Then I went to another item and then back to the previous one and now the System Tag information are back on the screen and also the content of the Title and Description Tags.

Tested with 961 build, Server and this client on the same PC.

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

today I had this "effect" the first time on the PC2 - client only. The server is running on PC1. The values of the "Title" and "Description" tags were missing. I switched from item to item but nothing happened. The values didn't come back. But after some time (app. 30 sec - 1min.) the values are back when I selected an item.

Regards, Uwe

Update 17.2.2014: A litte bit later the situation was the same: the tags disappered. Also some restarts of the client didn't help. I was waiting till the next day. And now, this morning after the client start the tags are back on the screen.

There are two types of this problem:

1. The hole tag(s) dissapear from the client (in the Right Panel, Captions below Thumbnails and SortBy list)

2. Only tag values are dissapear from the Right Panel and Captions below thumbnails. But you can still see an empty tags with empty textboxes in the right panel

Which one occurs on the past days with your Daminion copy?

BTW in the first case to get back the tags you need to Restart the Daminion Server, while in the second case only Daminion Client can be restarted.

Yesterday evening I worked a lot with Daminion and I didn't experienced this error. In the older versions I had to restart the program in every few hours because of it, so it's definitely better now. :)

By the way, I only saw the first type of the problem, I never experienced the second one with empty boxes and all. Of course, I'm using only the client version.