[889] Deleting of "Media Format" with zero tags is not possible

Sedat

Deleting of "Media Format" entries with zero tags assigned is not possible. I can select delete and confirm with ok but nothing happens.

It works for "ISO", "Camera Lens", "Camera Model" and "Color Profile" but not for "Media Format".

For "Createn Datetime" I do not have a delete command at all.

edit:

This is only valid for server catalogs. On local catalog it works fine!!

Edited by Rawshooter

Hi rene,

I don't agree with you. One should decide manually to delete or not to delete a tag. I happens, that I enter some Tags but items are not yet assigned. I don't want to loose these entries by "Catalog optimization".

My point of view: Tags belong to the "Customizing" and should never be changed/deleted by an optimization process.

Regards, Uwe

Hi rene,

I don't agree with you. One should decide manually to delete or not to delete a tag. I happens, that I enter some Tags but items are not yet assigned. I don't want to loose these entries by "Catalog optimization".

My point of view: Tags belong to the "Customizing" and should never be changed/deleted by an optimization process.

Regards, Uwe

I agree. I have a hierarchy for present and future files as well, so I don't have to recreate the tag structure again and again all the time. So if I delete a file, I want to delete only that file, but I don't want to kill my tag hierarchy.

mammut

I’m not sure if we all talk about the same?

I don't understand the advantage of having file dependent Tags like file extension or lens type with no associated files? These Tags are strictly bound to the source file and are completely useless if the source file does not exist anymore. These Tags are for information only and can not be reassigned to any other item.

As for user definable Tags like keywords, categories etc… sure it can be helpful if they still exist with zero assigned items and they still remain if the associated items will be removed.

Hello,

I guess we talk about the same.

You are right, there are "technical tags" (lens, media format ...) which are "useless" without an assigned item.

The question for me is: do I want to have a different way of working to remove "empty" tags?

The "technical tags" have to be removed by "Catalog Optimization" and for the "user tags" I have to use the "Delete" function in the right-click menu.

Maybe in a future release we get a function in the right-click menu of the tag in the Catalog panel: "remove all empty entries of this tag from catalog".

Regards, Uwe