feature request for the peoples tag

rene

Hello Murat,

I'm not sure if I mentiond it before.

I'm currently in the process of digitizing all analouge pictures. A lot of these pictures are from my parents childhood. Often there is a group of people on one picture. The Peoples tag is not very usefll there, because if you enter 10 names for 10 people on that picture, you might not be able to say who is who later.

Therefore I wanted to ask you, if it might be possible, to implement a new feature to the peoples tag. To mark the face on one picture and connect that face to the name in the peoples tag. Take Facebook as an example.

That feature would be awesome!

Thank you!

regards

rene

I guess other tags also can be assigned to areas on pictures, not the People tag only :mda:

yes but, i think the most important thing is to mark faces on pictures. other things are not that important. I mean I have a picture of the wedding of my grandparents scanned, my grandmother and my mother are telling me who everybody is, but assigning only the names without the faces on the picture itself, in 10 years, I can't say who the cousin of my mother or the aunt of my mother was.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok some more things for the imporvement of the peoples tag.

There could be a model page, with the following Information:

-Picture

To be able to recognize People on Pictures with more than one person, esspecialy if these are old pictures. Like Picasa creates for every person one Portrait Album Picture. That would be a good interim solution until we can link the names on th pictures itself the Facebook way.

-given name

self explaining

-birth name

it might be the name I use, but my mother might use the birth name because this is more in her head, but I got to know that person only after he or she got married.

-married name

it might be the name I use, but my mother might use the birth name because this is more in her head, but I got to know that person only after he or she got married.

-nickname

because I enter the real names, but if you want to find someone you might know under his nickname you can't find him or her.

-relations

Like an ancestor tree, I know, not many people might use this, esspecialy not if they use daminion in a professional way, but for me as a home user, it would be great to have the family relations in the peoples tag. maybe the option to display the ancestor tree. That would make it easy to say, this is the aunt of my grand father,... .

The picasa faces import, could be done automaticly like the autosync function, so there would be no need to scan every picture again.

ah, btw. the Export Function could support Microsoft Outlook or at least more webmail accounts.

rene

Thanks for the suggestion. What you suggested will fit into a new feature called Tag Qualifiers (except the ancestor's tree). It's not in the closest roadmap although, but Synonyms, Contact Info, People Photos and People Detailed Info will be based on Tag Qualifiers.

ah, btw. the Export Function could support Microsoft Outlook or at least more webmail accounts.

Microsoft Outlook should works with Daminion. Please check this suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. What you suggested will fit into a new feature called Tag Qualifiers (except the ancestor's tree). It's not in the closest roadmap although, but Synonyms, Contact Info, People Photos and People Detailed Info will be based on Tag Qualifiers.

Ok sounds good.

Microsoft Outlook should works with Daminion. Please check this suggestion.

I will read it