Batch Rename with Daminion

rene

Hello folks,

I just realised something very important for me is missing. I saw that a few folders havn't been properly renamed. I have to use Bridge in order to rename all files after there creation date. Windows cares about different file types, bridge not.

This feature would be great in Daminion. Daminion could than rename by batch and automaticly have all these renamed files in the database.

Or didn't I find that feature? F2 is not working!

When I relink images from my laptop, I can define the new location, but from my computers view, not the server's view, where the files are saved. So I guess, if I define the new path over my Laptop there will be a problem later, right?

by the way: What about the Longtitude and latitude tags for CR2 and tiff (tif Files? This is one of the features I realy need.

thanks winam!

what about a topic with polls, eventhough we have the roadmap, i find it very difficult to see whats when planned. If we would have these polls every user could vote and the mods just add new features or deleted completed ones.

Hi winam,

I have the same problem.

To help me until we have a "rename file" function in Daminion I assigned the ExifTool in the Menu->Item->Open with->Define External Tools->External Application->Viewers->Add

Program Name: Rename_File

Executable File: Path to ExifTool

Arguments: "-FileName

Now you have an additional entry "Rename_File" in the Item Menu (right-click-> open with).

When I'm ready with the changes of Creation DateTime or maybe I forgot to rename the files during the Import or others reasons I select all thumbnails which have to be renamed and use the additional entry "Rename_File". After that action I rescan the Folders.

Going this way you can define a lot of special functions which can be done by the ExifTool. But you don't have to forget the rescan Folders.

Regards, Uwe

When I relink images from my laptop, I can define the new location, but from my computers view, not the server's view, where the files are saved. So I guess, if I define the new path over my Laptop there will be a problem later, right?

This going to be the most frequently asked feature (after implementing file/folder management, user roles (RC2) and custom tags). To use Re-link option for server based files I recommend you to install the Daminion Standalone/Client copy on your server computer. And then relink server based files using this Daminion version.

by the way: What about the Longitude and latitude tags for CR2 and tiff (tif Files? This is one of the features I realy need.

Daminion can write GPS info to EXIF (for TIFF images) and to XMP (for .xmp sidecars of CR2 files) and to a lot of other formats that supported EXIF and XMP metadata.

Hi winam,

I have the same problem.

To help me until we have a "rename file" function in Daminion I assigned the ExifTool in the Menu->Item->Open with->Define External Tools->External Application->Viewers->Add

Program Name: Rename_File

Executable File: Path to ExifTool

Arguments: "-FileName<DateTimeOriginal" -d "%Y%m%d_%H%M%S.%%e" {Filename}

Now you have an additional entry "Rename_File" in the Item Menu (right-click-> open with).

When I'm ready with the changes of Creation DateTime or maybe I forgot to rename the files during the Import or others reasons I select all thumbnails which have to be renamed and use the additional entry "Rename_File". After that action I rescan the Folders.

Going this way you can define a lot of special functions which can be done by the ExifTool. But you don't have to forget the rescan Folders.

Regards, Uwe

Thanks! I will have a look for that. Currently I use Adobe Bridge (x64) for that.

This going to be the most frequently asked feature (after implementing file/folder management, user roles (RC2) and custom tags). To use Re-link option for server based files I recommend you to install the Daminion Standalone/Client copy on your server computer. And then relink server based files using this Daminion version.

Thanks! Already have the Client Version installed on my Server.

Daminion can write GPS info to EXIF (for TIFF images) and to XMP (for .xmp sidecars of CR2 files) and to a lot of other formats that supported EXIF and XMP metadata.

Isn't it possible to do that with Cr2 Files as well. That would be much easier. Having so many XMP Files is just nervewrecking.

I'm not sure if this might help but I've used a great little free program for several years called "Rename-It!"

http://sourceforge.net/projects/renameit/

If a stand-alone renaming program is of any use to you, I don't think you'll find a better one.

Mardon

Thanks, will have a look for that.