Development Request - AI to set Keywords and more

rene

Dear Daminion users,

I just read about a Software Excire Foto 2024. After adding photos the built in AI is setting Keywords like a charm.

e.g. a photo of a plate with sushi, the keywords are: Dish, Food, Salad, Sushi

a photo my great grand mothers (closed eyes) and me a a baby the keywords are: Adult, Baby/Toddler, Eyes Closed, Face, Frontal Face, Male, Person, Smile, Two Faces

just missing Female

That would be a nice addition for Daminion

Hi Rene,

Excire doesn't have keyword hierarchy. And the other point of view: how much time do you want to spend deleting false suggestions? I am currently very reserved about the oh-so-great Ai apps that suggest keywords.
This is my current view of Excire. I've been following the development since the first version was released and have also installed various test versions, but I don't see any alternative to Daminon in the way and scope in which I manage my files. Not even as a supplement at the moment. Regardless of the fact that I not only manage photos, but also videos, music, audio books and documents

Regards, Uwe

I don't know anything about Excire Foto, but I do use Daminion's Auto Tag since the beginning when it was introduced and believe Excire Foto cannot be so different. From my experience with Auto Tag, I agree with Uwe and would never appreciate keywords to be set automatically.  When I watch the generated auto tags, I consider 90% as useless - not necessarily wrong, but redundant or meaningless, at least for my purposes.  There are always some tags, which are absolutely wrong, but in many cases the auto tags helping me to complete the manual tagging.

The bottom line is: I don't see any reason to look into a different tool, but I prefer to add keywords manually based on suggestions from auto tags.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:55 AM, WilfriedB said:

I don't know anything about Excire Foto, but I do use Daminion's Auto Tag since the beginning when it was introduced and believe Excire Foto cannot be so different. From my experience with Auto Tag, I agree with Uwe and would never appreciate keywords to be set automatically.  When I watch the generated auto tags, I consider 90% as useless - not necessarily wrong, but redundant or meaningless, at least for my purposes.  There are always some tags, which are absolutely wrong, but in many cases the auto tags helping me to complete the manual tagging.

The bottom line is: I don't see any reason to look into a different tool, but I prefer to add keywords manually based on suggestions from auto tags.

Thanks for the feedback. We considered copying ai tags into keywords, or supporting hints in tags based on ai, but we decided to postpone this functionality for now.

In version 8.1 we added the ability to adjust the relevance range for ai tags so that there are fewer irrelevant tags.  We also added tags on the basis of recognizing objects in the photo.