New Layout

John B

Hi Daria,

For me as a user, it would be interesting if there were an official wish list.
At the moment the requests are scattered somewhere in the forum.
I have many wishes on my list, but I don't know if they have already been made.
Kind regards

Erwin

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Daria,

This means that the group, which certainly played a part in the success, is now put at the back of the queue.
Then I will also no longer report bugs, that is then probably no longer of interest to Daminion.

Regards,
Erwin

Hi Erwin, 

I am very sorry that we cannot implement new features with the speed as we did before. Since the focus on Daminion Team server in 2017, we had to prioritize the requests of the corporate client which are much more complex and require months of hard work.

We do appreciate all the contribution of the home users and we still support our home users replying to every email (even to the users of the old free version which is not supported anymore) and doing our best to reply to the messages on the forum. If we cannot fix something very quickly, we try to suggest alternatives. 

Now we are offering to all our Standalone users to consider switching to Home server for free because the bugs in the server version are generally fixed much quicker. It takes our support team time - sometimes even personal time - to arrange a remote session and help to install Daminion Home server and import the catalogs. We are doing this because we do not want to disregard and abandon the community that has been supporting us for so many years.

Realizing that we cannot put so much effort in developing the standalone version as before, we are offering the alternative that will hopefully be beneficial for the majority of the community. 

Kind regards, 

Daria

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

I will also no longer report bugs

Erwin, I agree completely with your point, but please don't forget the purpose of forums like this one is not primarily to report bugs to the developers, but rather to exchange experiences between users. So describing a bug, might help other members of the forum or even discover a workaround.

• Like 1

Hi,

I started with the standallone version and soon realized that the server version is just better. Fewer bugs and more efficient.
Standallone users should have been switched to server long ago. That would have saved a lot of programming time.
But the fact that the conversion does not work properly is simply a gross omission. (Or can one already convert the Standallone catalog with all! features? As far as I know, you lose grouping and linking).
Develop one!  software and control the possibilities with the licenses. 
But I am not your free product manager.
And I don't want to be your free tester either.
@Wilfried:
Yes, true, but Daminion nibbles along and for that the community should have something.
For example the possibility to express wishes.
There was no talk of "implement immediately". 
Wishes are suggestions for improvement, which implemented enhance the product.

Regards,
Erwin

• Like 1