2416-2457 - strange Author tag

Uwe

Hello,
there are strange Author tags on CR2 and DNG files. No problems with "non-RAW" formats. Here is an example. The author is assigned to "Test_Author". A "Read tags from file" creates an additional Author tag "ass". The only string "ass" in the metadata is in the keyword tag "Wasser".
Katerina has the example RAW files.

Has anyone else observed the same behavior?

regards, Uwe

Daminion_2416_Author_CR2_DNG_01.jpg

Hello,

I found the reason: it's Geosetter. After assign GEO data to the CR2 file by Geosetter and "Read tags from file I get the strange Author tags. I never had this problem before 2416 and there is also no newer version of Geosetter installed. It seems that are parts of other tags (description, iptc, keywords) are used additionally to create the useless and wrong Author tags after Geosetter assigned the GEO metadata.

I removed all GPS metadata by the Exiftool command "-gps*= -a" but this doesn't help. It seems that there is a changed metadata structure after add the GEO data.

I'll send a video to Katerina by Skype.

Regards, Uwe

• 4 weeks later...
  • Uwe changed the title to 2416-2444 - strange Author tag

Hello,

it seems to be a problem with RAW files. I used 3 DNG, ARW and CR2 files and imported these files in the Daminion standalone client 6.8 build 2355. The result is: no problems with the Author Tag.

Please fix the RAW converter of the 7.0 official version logic asap.

Regards, Uwe

• Uwe changed the title to 2416-2457 - strange Author tag