Search for empty AI Label not working (Build 2018)

WilfriedB

I just came to the forums to report the exact same issue.  I've used the new build to successfully generate AI tags for a few thousand photos, but advanced search to find empty labels shows all items.  Furthermore, under the Tags pane, the number of AI Tags listed as "Unknown" never goes down, even as photos are successfully tagged and appear elsewhere in the AI tags list.

• Like 1

I just realized,  AI Labels is empty is partially working. In the sense, it correctly excludes all images which were in the catalog, before I enabled AI tagging for the very first time.  All images added to the catalog after that point in time, are tagged with an AI Label "Unknown", even if they were tagged now and are falsely considered as AI Labels is empty :

image.png.61f205fbbc2debb7f2ce294dce6077a3.png  

(Ignore the following screen shot. It was accidentally taken and I am not able to remove it from this post anymore 😢 )

image.png

On 11/27/2019 at 2:57 AM, k1w said:

generate AI tags for a few thousand photos

Literally several thousands? During what time frame did you do that? Did you watch the Google "IAM & Admin" Quotas console ( https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/quotas?project=yourproject&service=vision.googleapis.com ) ? It is still not quite clear to me, how Google accounts for the number of Cloud Vision API calls and what the "Limit" of 1,800 really means. It say "Requests per minutes" but the "Current Usage" counter was slowly increasing and 1,776 could be the number of images I requested AI labels fo yesterday.

image.thumb.png.81cd1d7d3c3d5e77f533c35dfedd5288.png

Update: I just noticed the current usage says 1.776 (decimal point - not thousands separator). This makes more sense and it is probably impossible to ever exceed the limit of 1,800 requests per minute with a single Daminion server!

cheers
Wilfried

9 hours ago, WilfriedB said:

Literally several thousands? During what time frame did you do that? Did you watch the Google "IAM & Admin" Quotas console ( https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/quotas?project=yourproject&service=vision.googleapis.com ) ? It is still not quite clear to me, how Google accounts for the number of Cloud Vision API calls and what the "Limit" of 1,800 really means. It say "Requests per minutes" but the "Current Usage" counter was slowly increasing and 1,776 could be the number of images I requested AI labels fo yesterday.

Update: I just noticed the current usage says 1.776 (decimal point - not thousands separator). This makes more sense and it is probably impossible to ever exceed the limit of 1,800 requests per minute with a single Daminion server!

I was selecting a batch of 1000 files, generating AI tags, and then walking away, so I don't know exactly how long it took to complete.  But on my Google console, ti's showing a peak over the past 7 days of just over 200, comparable current usage, and so overall looks a lot similar to what you posted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k1w said:

Is there any update on being able to search for only photos with no AI Tags?

Agree, I am waiting ... hoping for a fix too!

Meanwhile, I found my own workaround:  Since AI Labels is not empty does work correctly, I tagged all of them with "AI Label present", so I can negate that tag.

Initially I used Keywords for that, but I did not like the fact, this (hopefully temporary) tag is written to the metadata by the Synchronization process. To avoid this, I now used Office Document Subject, which doesn't seem to appear, when I show all tags with ExifTool.  The down side however, is the fact the Synchronization process is started for each of those images anyway and takes a lot of time and resources 😢

Hello guys, my apologies for the delay with the reply. The issue is registered and will be fixed, however, I cannot give you a time frame when, my apologies

The sample and advanced search is not working for AI labels now, only the search withing the tags panel. My apologies for the inconveniences!

Kind regards, 

Daria

One more observation:

You cannot add an AI Label manually (probably works as designed, but I'm not sure, it makes sense), but you can remove one of those labels. However, unless you perform an Undo immediately, you can never restore it.  If you repeat, Generate AI Labels for that image, nothing happens or if you export to CSV (which does include AI Labels) and import it again, the missing AI Label will not be restored. One exception though: If there is another item still having that label, you can select both, right click that label in the Properties panel and select Assign 'xx' to selected (y) items from the context menu. This seems to be a way to assign AI Labels manually - sort of 'manually', since it must already exist.

2 hours ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

The sample and advanced search is not working for AI labels now

Searching for specific AI Labels works for me in Build 2018 (as well as searching for AI Labels not empty). However, it does not work in <filter tags> at the top of the tags tree. 

Edited by WilfriedB
Remark for <filter tag> was wrong.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:09 AM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi guys, please try out a new build - the work with AI labels has been improved

kind regards, 

Daria

Build 2030 still has problems with searching for "AI Tags" "is empty".  It returns all files as matches.  But it looks like "AI Tags" "is not empty" correctly finds files with AI tags.

Hi,  do I correctly understand that you have in total 48449 files in your database that are shown as unknown but 16k of them are tagged with the labels? Could you please try to run the database optimization via Catalog > Optimize? 

Please note that the optimization is running on the background up to 20 minutes after the optimization window is closed

Kind regards

Daria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...