advanced search shortens pathname (Build 2014)

Egon

I'm astonished to see backslashes in your file path (Windows, right?). Smacks of Linux.

Try renaming "Bahnhof Naumburg" to Bahnhof_Naumburg or camelcase BahnhofNaumburg to kill the space. Perhaps also for "eigene Bilder". (I personally avoid spaces and diacriticals as in ä or é…)

Try directly typing the search path into the box, using slashes / or escaped backslashes: \\

Try quoting the path: "D:\ eigene … Naumburg", or with single quotes 'D: … Naumburg'.

Of course it should work without having to jump through these hoops, but it could reveal the nature of the problem. Good luck!

And then Lok's would be a genitive, as in "Werther's Leiden", not a plural. Just pulling your leg, Egon. 😉

9 hours ago, Nick said:

I'm astonished to see backslashes in your file path (Windows, right?). Smacks of Linux.

To me, the backslash (\) is the normal way in Windows and the forward slash only exceptionally used ...? In any case, Egon did not enter the path manually, but it was generated by the Daminion client after selecting the folder in the folder tree (green dot in his first screen shot).

9 hours ago, Nick said:

Try renaming "Bahnhof Naumburg" to Bahnhof_Naumburg or camelcase BahnhofNaumburg to kill the space.

Good suggestion. Just to find out, whether the space was indeed the cause of the problem. As I said above, I have plenty of spaces in folder names, but never saw this behavior.

9 hours ago, Nick said:

diacriticals as in ä or é

Agree! This also caused trouble to me when defining external programs to be used for Open With ... .  If the folder of file name contains special characters, Daminion passes those as UTF-8 double (or even triple) bytes in the command line. For example 'ä' appears as '├ñ'

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Daria Kotilainen said:

we cannot reproduce this behavior on any of our catalogs\paths. It works just fine with the spaces

As I said above, having spacing spaces in the path, always worked fine with me and it seems to me as a limitation, when the path is too long (or the dialog window too narrow).

On 11/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, Egon said:

But the search brings, despite the wrong display in the search box, the correct result.
So it's "just" a false display

Egon, did you try to resize the dialog, by placing the mouse pointer over the right border of the dialog and when it changes to a double arrow (↔), hold the button and pull to the right? This did work for me.

Before resizing:

image.png.4e55d2bc9c4fa181c63b7ce7547ab418.png

After resizing:

image.png.69d8bf4a59560ef898304c4cdbcb22dc.png

After more resizing:

image.png.a420b78b533cdc043dadea6ea6299353.png