Problem [1660] "Assign xxx to selected (y) items" not working

WilfriedB

When you select multiple items whereof a certain tag does not belong to all items, you can right click that tag and select "Assign xxx to selected (y) items" in the context menu. With the standalone Build 1660 this does not work anymore. Even though the window "Assigning tags" appears, the selected tag will not be assigned to those items. I just re-installed Build 1623 and verified it does work fine with the same set of images.

I installed Build 1660 Standalone Version again and see the same behavior as I described above with different items also for the Keywords tag. Assigning tags manually works fine.

Hi Wilfried,

Sorry, cannot confirm this behavior. Just tested on a local catalog with Categories. I will appreciate if you could record me a video and send it to daria\dot/kotilainen\at/daminion\dot/net

Regards,

Daria

Just an example for clarification:

post-1805-0-48157600-1499714257_thumb.jpg

I selected the two images showing a bell tower. Most tags are identical, but the picture on the lower right does not contain any keywords or categories, which is indicated in the Properties panel by showing the category "Kirchen" and the Keyword "Santa Maria Assunta" in grey instead of black.

post-1805-0-57473900-1499714380_thumb.jpg

In the Properties panel I right clicked "Kirchen" and selected "Assign 'Kirchen' to selected (2) items"

post-1805-0-69314000-1499714453_thumb.jpg

I right clicked "Santa Maria Assunta" and selected "Assign 'Kirchen' to selected (2) items"

post-1805-0-15915700-1499714500_thumb.jpg

As the next step I tried different variations. Neiither pressing Ctrl+S to save the changed tags nor simply selecting a different image saved the new tags to the second image, as you can see in in the last screen shot. This did work fine in Build 1623 and before.