Lost my Synonyms

Paul Barrett

In switching from standalone to server version I had to re-import my images.

All my keywords were recreated (almost) perfectly, but I lost my synonyms because they are stored in the catalog not the image metadata.

Is there a catalog conversion function I should have used? Is there any way of bringing them over or do I need to recreate them?

Thnaks

- Paul

Hello Paul,

the are two ways to keep the metadata that are not part of the file but in the database:

1. transformation of a local catalog to a shared catalog

2. Export the items of the local catalog (menu->Item->Export->Export to CSV...) and Import this CSV file to a shared catalog (menu->File->Import->CSV file...).

Regards, Uwe

In switching from standalone to server version I had to re-import my images.

All my keywords were recreated (almost) perfectly, but I lost my synonyms because they are stored in the catalog not the image metadata.

Is there a catalog conversion function I should have used? Is there any way of bringing them over or do I need to recreate them?

Thnaks

- Paul

Hello Paul, Hello Uwe

the third way is to export tags to the txt file and then import this file to a shared catalog. Catalog > Export tags and check Keywords (other tags). Synonyms will be put in curly braces in this txt.

Best regards,

Daria

Hello Paul, Hello Uwe

the third way is to export tags to the txt file and then import this file to a shared catalog. Catalog > Export tags and check Keywords (other tags). Synonyms will be put in curly braces in this txt.

Best regards,

Daria

Erm... I could not not see an option for 'Export (other tags)' under Catalog . Export Tags

- Paul

Hello Paul,

the are two ways to keep the metadata that are not part of the file but in the database:

1. transformation of a local catalog to a shared catalog

2. Export the items of the local catalog (menu->Item->Export->Export to CSV...) and Import this CSV file to a shared catalog (menu->File->Import->CSV file...).

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe

I couldn't find content or help on transforming a catalog - can you point me at it please?

and

I couldn't see any sign of my synonyms in the csv file so I did not import it

Merry Christmas

Hi Paul,

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

In the shared catalog: Menu->File->Import->Daminion Local Catalog (.dmc)...

This is the option to "transform" a local catalog to a shared one

Regarding the synonyms: there seems to be a bug. The synonyms are not in the CSV file.

Regards, Uwe

Erm... I could not not see an option for 'Export (other tags)' under Catalog . Export Tags

- Paul

Hi Paul,

what I meant was this: you select an option "Export tags" and then check Keywords if it's the only tag you want to export, or other tags (such as categories, People, etc) if you need to export them, too.

Sorry for confusing!

2016-12-26_134517.jpg

Best regards,

Daria

Hi Paul,

what I meant was this: you select an option "Export tags" and then check Keywords if it's the only tag you want to export, or other tags (such as categories, People, etc) if you need to export them, too.

Sorry for confusing!

post-3050-0-93881300-1482749181_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Daria

OK, I exported the keywords from the old local catalog. Looked at the file in Notepad and the synonyms were present..

I imported the file to the Server Catalog.

The synonyms have not appeared but what HAS happened is that Daminion is now rewriting all metadata for all files. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The synonyms are a catalog only feature so why would they cause a rewrite, and why haven't they appeared?

Hm.....

Paul

OK, I exported the keywords from the old local catalog. Looked at the file in Notepad and the synonyms were present..

I imported the file to the Server Catalog.

The synonyms have not appeared but what HAS happened is that Daminion is now rewriting all metadata for all files. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The synonyms are a catalog only feature so why would they cause a rewrite, and why haven't they appeared?

Hm.....

Paul

Hello Paul,

Could you please illustrate this by recording a screencast video?

Daria

• 2 weeks later...