Weird Lens Tags

Paul Barrett

Hi Daria

No, I have done no editing at all either before or since i found the problem. I will email you some files.

Hello Paul,

thank you for the files, I imported them into my catalog and got the same structure under the Lens tag as expected. The thing is, Lens is a read-only tag in Daminion which means Daminion cannot make any changes to this tag. It just reads info from the file's metadata and displays as it is.

In the file's metadata (and in the properties panel under the General tab) you can find the info about the software used for editing this file. In your case it's Adobe Elements Organizer 11.0.

2016-11-04_152442.png

So this odd lens info might have been written when opening and saving images in Elements Organizer. Or directly when shooting.

Another odd thing is that these tag values were imported as unapproved to your catalog whereas as approved in mine (the option "Mark imported tags as unapproved" is checked, other tag values assigned to your pics are shown as unapproved)

2016-11-04_154053.png

Can you please create a new empty test catalog and import these 36 files there? Just to see if lens tag values are imported as unapproved again.

On looking at another part of the metadata I found something else that is very odd. This refers to a jpeg image right? And it has dimensions of:

2448x3264x24

How about that? A truly 3D image!

x24 is a color depth.:)

regards,

Daria

I have a similar problem - much much worse than yours. It seems to happen to images from (mostly) Android tablets and mobile phones. I suspect these devices do not properly comply with the EXIF standards.

Hello TheDocAUS2,

can you please show your issue and send one or two files for testing?

Best regards,

Daria

2016-11-04_152442.png

So this odd lens info might have been written when opening and saving images in Elements Organizer. Or directly when shooting.

Hello,

I have the same problem with EXIF lens metadata written by Apple software and photos taken by an iPhone.

The software tag is: 9.1

It's not a problem that can be solved by Daminion. I suggest to write the correct metadata by the ExifTool manually.

Regards, Uwe