Urgent - Save and restore personal settings/presets

Uwe

Hello,

the last days I spent my time start from scratch to install a new Windows OS etc. I made a backup of all Daminion catalogs before but forgot to save parts of the personal settings of the "Open with" action, Presets, etc.

After the Daminion installation and the restore of the catalogs I lost all these settings.

I had a system backup including the Settings.XML and made a copy of the the section "". This was not a problem.

Much more important for me is: Can I copy the entries of the file "MetadataPresets.xml" of the system backup to the new file "MetadataPresets.xml" created by the new Daminion installation?

It would be helpful to have an option to make a backup of all personal settings and to restore them.

Regards, Uwe

Much more important for me is: Can I copy the entries of the file "MetadataPresets.xml" of the system backup to the new file "MetadataPresets.xml" created by the new Daminion installation?

Yes. Just in case make a copy of the destination "MetadataPresets.xml".

Hello Murat,

thank you. It works. I wasn't sure to go this way because of the GUIDs in this MetadataPresets.XML file and if they are linked to other tables in the database.

It should be part of a backup and restore functionality of later releases to save all of the user adjustments and to give an opportunity to decide to restore them or not.

Another option can be to save all user adjustments in files of a folder "user adjustements". Daminion can search for such files and takes the customizing saved in these files and not the default one of Daminion. An easy copy of this folder and all personal customizing is back in the new installation.

Regards, Uwe

Unfortunately these are client settings that are stored on client computers and can be part of the backup process on the server side. We store some user interface settings in catalogs (such as set of tags in the left, right panel and captions below the thumbnails) but part settings are still on the client side in xml files.

The folder with client settings can be located by Ctrl + F12 keys.

• 3 weeks later...