Import Tag Preset using %ms doesn't work

Uwe

Hello,

I made a test and used the following Tag Preset in the Import dialog window to make the file name unique:

"%yyyy%mm%dd_%HH%MM%SS%ms.%ext".

But the value of %ms is always "00" even if the tag "subsectimeoriginal" in the metadata is not empty.

Using the following command line by the ExifToolGUI creates the proper file name:

-d %Y%m%d_%H%M%S "-filename

Regards, Uwe

• 4 weeks later...

%ms token doesn't always work properly because in a lot of images EXIF date comes without ms part.

You can append one of the below tokens into your renaming template to make your resulted file names unique.

%# - Global Counter

%$ - Zero-based Counter

%inum - File Number

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I have to come back to the problem of photos taken at the same second.

I've accepted that "%ms" doesn't work in any case.

As described the command line -d %Y%m%d_%H%M%S "-filename

renames a file to YYYMMDD-HHMMSS-xx. xx=xx=EXIF:SubSecTiemOriginal

Using the ExifTool directly or the ExifToolGUI it works but not if I use the same command line in the "Open with" actions of Daminion (testest with build 1535).

Daminion_1535_open_with.jpg

Daminion_1535_open_with_rename.jpg

As you can see the formatter (-d %Y%m%d_%H%M%S) of the date and time is not translated in the right way.

The new but wrong file name is "mHS-19.dng" and not "20160425_115400-19.dng".

Do I make someting wrong (missing quotation marks etc.) or is there a bug in Daminion (call the ExifTool) with the command line above?

Regards, Uwe

I managed to pass the right format string to ExifTool, but I couldn't rename the file. I get the following output in the command window.

My argument string is:

-d %%Y%%m%%d_%%H%%M%%S "-FileName<${exif:datetimeoriginal}-${exif:subsectimeoriginal}.%%e" {Filename}

C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion\MediaProcessors\ImageProcessor\exiftool.exe" -d %Y%m%d_%H%M%S "-FileName<${exif:datetimeoriginal}-${exif:subsectimeoriginal}.%e" "C:\Users\lintujuh\Pictures\temp\IMG_123_lzn.tiff"
Warning: [minor] Tag 'exif:datetimeoriginal' not defined - C:/Users/lintujuh/Pictures/temp/IMG_123_lzn.tiff
Warning: No writable tags set from C:/Users/lintujuh/Pictures/temp/IMG_123_lzn.tiff
    0 image files updated
    1 image files unchanged

-Juha

Hello Juha,

thank you this is the solution.

One has to double the "%" if the ExifTool is called by Daminion as I already did for the extension "%%e".

Using the ExifTool directly or the ExifToolGUI one has to use only "%" in the command line.

Regards, Uwe