replacing low-res files with higher-res versions

jacob

I posted this as a feature request some time ago, and we've reached a point with our large image database where this would be a major improvement. We have many older images that are low res, and we'd like to update them without having enter keywords and assign them to categories again.

To clarify, one should be able to select an image, and enter a quick mode where you browse for a replacement image (or paste a url), while preserving the daminion categories and keywords (tranferring them).

We'd really appreciate this being implemented, and I think many Daminion users would as well!

Thank you,

Jacob

And to update the keywords etc. you can issue write tags to file. When I update an image (e.g. fine tune the editing or cropping) I

– update the thumbnail

– write tags into file

In my case I'm replacing the original file with the new one so I don't need any relinking.

-Juha

Sorry, but this isn't clear to me. We use the server version and I want to replace an image but retain the keywords/categories. Can you clarify what you are suggesting?

And to update the keywords etc. you can issue write tags to file. When I update an image (e.g. fine tune the editing or cropping) I

– update the thumbnail

– write tags into file

In my case I'm replacing the original file with the new one so I don't need any relinking.

-Juha

In case of uploaded files you can follow the next way:

1. Upload a high-res version of an image that you want to update

2. Select this file and press Ctrl + Shift + C. This copies full path to selected image.

3. Select a low-res version of an item and go to: Right Click > Actions > Relink Item...

4. Paste your copied path and click Ok

5. Update thumbnail (Ctrl + B)

6. Remove a file (within Daminion) that you uploaded in step #1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In case of uploaded files you can follow the next way:

1. Upload a high-res version of an image that you want to update

2. Select this file and press Ctrl + Shift + C. This copies full path to selected image.

3. Select a low-res version of an item and go to: Right Click > Actions > Relink Item...

4. Paste your copied path and click Ok

5. Update thumbnail (Ctrl + B)

6. Remove a file (within Daminion) that you uploaded in step #1

I understand the process you outline, however its too cumbersome. It would be far nicer to have an option to replace an image, and have daminion do the rest. Perhaps this would only be a server feature, I don't know.